Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth File Transfer

bullroar
Visitor

Bluetooth File Transfer

I am trying to send files between two Sony Vaio computers at home.

The S2HP is able to send files to a K115M but when I try to do the process in reverse nothing happens.

I have checked the setting on the K115M Bluetooth and when I try to discover services on the S2HP from the K115M I get a message saying that file transfer service is unavailable on the S2HP.

Even by the standards of Bluetooth this must surely be bonkers. I have tried the Btooth help files on both machines and these are about as much use a hole in the head!

Any suggestions what the problem might be and more importantly what the solution might be?

4 REPLIES 4
bullroar
Visitor

The answer lies in not operating the S2HP in anything other than full power mode. MIght have been nice if the manual said that file sharing wouldn't work in this mode while other Bluetooth services would!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The answer lies in not operating the S2HP in anything other than full power mode.  MIght have been nice if the manual said that file sharing wouldn't work in this mode while other Bluetooth services would!

Sony have some wierd things don't they?

bullroar
Visitor

They certainly do, little idiosynchratic puzzles to keep us on our toes personally I'd rather waste my time on a cryptic crossword. Lets see how long it takes eSupport to solve the problem:-)

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hehe same here