Join now - be part of our community!

Brightness controll stopped working

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

Brightness controll stopped working

The Brightness controll stopped working....

FE31M laptop

5 REPLIES 5
Geoff_33
Visitor

Hello,

I think you have to install again some of the utilities:

Utils Installer 1 SonyUtils DLL
Utils Installer 2 Sony Shared Library
Utils Installer 3 VAIO Event Service
reboot

Try that and maybe do it more than once. If it's not working then you will have probably to install again the nvidia driver.
That's how I did with the FE31M package on a vaio FE41M. Thanks Thalamus and Andrewparkes for this solution.

I hope it will help you.

Carelino
Visitor

Yep that was it...butt...a tip for everybody you have to uninstall it first....otherwhise it wont work....

Only VERY annoying problem that remains with vista is the Wireless connection wich is lost when you hibernate or anything else....I personally think its the device switch wich sony provides since everytim I have to disbale it and enable it again with Wireless Device Switch

Anyway thx

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Only VERY annoying problem that remains with vista is the Wireless connection wich is lost when you hibernate or anything else....I personally think its the device switch wich sony provides since everytim I have to disbale it and enable it again with Wireless Device Switch

There is a Microsoft update that claims to address this issue (“After you resume the computer from hibernation, the computer loses its default gateway address”)

You can download from here .

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Geoff_33
Visitor

Hi Carelino,

Sorry I forgot to mention that you need to uninstall the utilities first.

Good luck for the other problem.

Carelino
Visitor

:laughing: you don't have to say sorry.... :smileygrin:

Oh by the way that update didn't fix the wireless connection issue...Everytime I hibernate and return I have to disable and enable my wireless connection in the Wireless Device Switch.

I also think Sony should let this application RUN first instead of last so user don't have to wait an eternity for internet to start.