Join now - be part of our community!

Broken Laptop casing clip

Stevesco
Visitor

Broken Laptop casing clip

Hi all

I bought a Sony Vaio laptop FS115B 3 months ago from John Lewis which I have been really pleased with....except for last night ...I just closed the laptop and one of the small plastic clips that clicks in place to hold the laptop closed has snapped off ..It stil has one clip but thats not enough to switch off the laptop automatically when I close the top or to keep it securely closed.

Well I have just been to John Lewis and told them what happened to my laptop...their response was ...they gave me the telephone number for Sony Vaio repair center.
The said that Sony would take around 6 weeks if John Lewis was to send it in for repair but a customer dealing with them direct should get a return within a week !!..Could this be true ??

I did say I expect this to be covered under the warrenty and the response was...Sony will decide if it should be or not...can this be correct ?

Ta for any comments or help
Steve

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah they gave you the right info, better to deal with VAIO Link yourself, and hope they'll help you out with it.

If they don't I guess you could contact Trading Standards as it's a violation of the sales of good act.

Stevesco
Visitor

oops...damn newbie :smileygrin: ..i have posted this in the wrong forum:smileyblush: ..sorry maybe a moderator could shift it for me please !!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

No problem
Sadly we don't have mods to move it LOL