Join now - be part of our community!

Broken WLAN switch??

profile.country.en_GB.title
vijsingh
Visitor

Broken WLAN switch??

I switched on my AR61M today and it didnt pick up any wireless networks and then I noticed the WLAN light was not showing on the front of the laptop so I flicked the switch on only to find it was already switched on but the light was not on.
When I try to connect it thinks that the wireless tab is switch off but it isnt. Ive tried rebooting but still no luck.

HELP :slight_frown:

13 REPLIES 13
vijsingh
Visitor

I switched the laptop on today and found the WLAN switch was off, I must have done it accidently whilst picking it up and now it doent work again :cry:

I might have to make that call then.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I might have to make that call then.

Good luck.. :four_leaf_clover:

vijsingh
Visitor

I was online right now using my USB network adapter and got a bit bored so I started flicking the switch and after 15 secs the WLAN light came on so its definetly a fault then

profile.country.en_GR.title
efpanay
New

i had the same problem also on my AR-21S, the wireless was working 10 minutes and then it went off. I noticed that after several restarts than the wireless turns off in Power Saving mode (although i check the options for Not power saving the wireless) and also in Vista Basic theme i got the same problem. So i tried the Vista Aero theme with the power options On High Performance and it works just fine. It may sound weird but with those options it works perfectly