Join now - be part of our community!

Burning movies on DVD-RW

zayyad
Visitor

Burning movies on DVD-RW

i just got my vaio ar-11m and i just cant get it to write movies on dvd-rw. i tried using cd-rw and it worked perectly fine but anytime i try a dvd it doesnt even copy it. instead i get an error message from windows saying an error occured during the copying process. is it that i cant copy movies on dvd-rw or is there something wrong with my optical drive?any help will be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi zayyad and welcome to Club Vaio.

Are you trying to copy a commercially produced DVD movie?

If you are it will almost certainly be Copy Protected which will prevent you copting it with normal software.

:thinking:

zayyad
Visitor

no, its just standard windows media video clips (mpeg)

andrewglasgow
Visitor

Well what i got told is that you never uninstall click to dvd as it disables the drivers. There is other software you try using like nero which is great. If you are trying to use a drag and drop copy feature it doesnt work for me either. But im just a user and not a engineer

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Windows doesn't come with a default DVD burner. You need another appliocation such as Nero or Roxio, I'm not familiar with your model but there could already be a burner application on there. I'm sure one of the other guys will know what you have on there.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Jumpy is absolutely right - you cannot burn a DVD in Windows, only CDs (although DVD Authoring will be supported in the Premium and Ultimate versions of VISTA).

Your AR11M has 'Click to DVD' installed.

1. Open Click to DVD (Start -> All Programs -> Click to DVD)
2. Choose 'Edit Mode'
3. Click on 'Import Files'
4. Select the files of your MPEG Video clips
5. Edit as neccessary
6. Burn to DVD

Click to DVD is one of the better Sony installed programs - it is actually quite slick and user friendly.

:wink:

zayyad
Visitor

thanks guys!