Join now - be part of our community!

calibrate / X-black Screen

bernhard_mehl
Visitor

calibrate / X-black Screen

Hi,

I just found out that the color settings of my display is quite bad, because when i watched my work on anothers screen, it was ultra-colored.

I never had problems with printing (also not in the copy-shop)
Is it, that some printers adapt to my settings - others not?

is there an alternative to calibrate my monitor with spyder2?

where can i change the contrast?!

I´ve got an VGN-A517M

thx,

bernie

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Bernie and welcome to Club Vaio.

Most printers use a different (C/M/Y) colour profile from the one used for your display (R/G/B). Calibrating your display will not change the printing profile.

Most calibration tools are designed for CRT monitors but they should work with your LCD.

You should have a shortcut to Adobe Gamma in your Control Panel. If not look in Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration for Adobe Gamma Loader.exe.

Choose Control Panel and you can adjust contrast by checking the 'View Single Gamma' and moving the slider to the left. If you uncheck this you can adjust the R/G/B balance.

Under 'White Point' you can adjust the colour temperature for daylight/fluorescent/tungsten incident light.

You will then have to save your new ICC Colour Profile with a different name from the default (you cannot amend the existing profile). You then need to add and set this as your default screen profile in Display -> Settings -> Advanced -> Colour Management.

Remember the name of your original ICC Profile in case you want to reverse the process!

:wink: