Join now - be part of our community!

Can I connect my Vaio with my TV?

Stefonator
Visitor

Can I connect my Vaio with my TV?

I have a brandnew Vaio FS415S and want to connect it with my my TV set. The prolem is that there is now TV-Out. It only has a DVI-Out. Is there a way to get it connected to a TV?

Thanks for any hints!

2 REPLIES 2
dinozjnrvaio
Visitor

Dear friend there is way 100% to connect your VAIO with your TV. But there are many ways which they depend from the model. The standard way is there :
http://www.techlore.com/article/10061/
But have a look in the following poem if have an S Video socket on your TV and Laptop.

Connect all three together.

Sometimes on a laptop you have to press a function key and another key (should have a small pic above the letter or number) that switches between your laptop screen and the TV (normally though used between monitor and laptop screen).
Some TV's will work straight on your AV channel, others need the settings changed for that channel via your remote control to except S-VHS etc.
If you do not have a S-Video connector on your laptop or TV and have Composite (normally yellow connector that will match the shape and size of your red and white (sound)), you can get S-Video to composite Video converters.
Hope this helps, post what connectors you have on yout TV and Laptop as there are slight other alternatives if you have a scart connection on your TV.

I wish that to be helpful :tongue: Good luck :slight_smile:

Stefonator
Visitor

Hi,

it definitely was helpful!!!

Need to read all the stuff now. Thanks a lot...