Join now - be part of our community!

Can't find my wireless netgear router!

FranzH
Visitor

Can't find my wireless netgear router!

Hey again!

I keep on having this problem... it doesn't happen all the time and it sceems to do it randomly and is a HUGE annoyance!

I have my internet connection wireless and i have a netgear wireless router. My Vaio T1XP is wireless ready and it finds my wireless network connection, however, now and again it can't find it! I havent touched anything, changed any settings, nothing at all. It can stay like that for a good few hours and then randomly become found again. I'm not sure what is the problem :cry:
By the way.. while i was writing this it lost the connection!

Help!!

37 REPLIES 37
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Thanks Thalamus - I'll upgrade mine.

I was waiting for some brave soul to try it first!!!

Sorted the firewall problem - the default incoming setting does not log blocks. Had to set up another rule exactly the same but with Log = Always.

Still lets a lot through to the ZA firewall - perhaps I have too high a security setting in ZA

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks Thalamus - I'll upgrade mine.

I was waiting for some brave soul to try it first!!!

Sorted the firewall problem - the default incoming setting does not log blocks. Had to set up another rule exactly the same but with Log = Always.

Still lets a lot through to the ZA firewall - perhaps I have too high a security setting in ZA

I hope you notice some improvement once you've upgraded. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Thalamus - I've upgraded and have noticed an improvement in both signal strength and stability.

Thanks again.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Blencogo,

Most of us are behind a router and get these in our logs, the router's firewall doesn't block out port scans, but can help defend against DDOS

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thalamus - I've upgraded and have noticed an improvement in both signal strength and stability.

Thanks again.

:cool: You're welcome Blencogo. :slight_smile:

FranzH
Visitor

Mine sceems to be working after the upgrade :grin:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Mine sceems to be working after the upgrade :grin:

:cool: That's good news :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Thanks Kee-Lo,

Good to know everyone has this. Nice to know something is blocking these scans anyway!!

I can sleep safe in my bed!