Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot adjust the brightness of my VGN-A217M display

neuroth
Visitor

Cannot adjust the brightness of my VGN-A217M display

hi

why can't i changed the brightness of my display? function buttons do not work anymore (except the mute button)...

who saves me from my dark display? :slight_smile:

regards

christian

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

How dark is the display Christian? Can you see anything on it? If you cant see a thing your "inverter" (the hardware which drives the LCD backlights) may have failed.

1. Try installing UTILS.EXE from C:\UTILS or get the Utilities Package from VAIO-Link
2. If this doesn't solve anything, or you still cannot read anything on screen or doing part one is impossible, then visit VAIO-Link and click Contact Information. Ring Sony and arrange a pickup with them as your LCD may have died.

Good Luck

neuroth
Visitor

The display is not way too dark, but not anymore the standard configuration. And I did not change the config (at least I think so).

The utility installation made a reboot and hang up... 😞 very sad...

is there no menu where the function buttons and the display is configured?

greetz

christian

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

You may have to *gulp* reinstall Windows XP from your recovery CD set or DVD disk. If you do, copy any vital stuff onto drive D and back this up onto CD or DVD so you have two backups of your system.

To do the restore, pop the disk in and restart. The recovery system will start Windows XP from the optical disk drive and then reocver your system. Further instructions can be found in the VAIO Recovery booklet. This is the only official way of restoring your system back to "normal" but any other non-supplied programs WILL be lost if you don't back them up!