Join now - be part of our community!

cannot format 25gb bd re disc

dreamydays
Visitor

cannot format 25gb bd re disc

AR31s throwing up another raid o error...the last time it happened i sent her back to sony who replaced the offending hard drive! but my quest is?...is this error responsible for stopping me from being able to format 25gb bd re discs? can't create recovery or back up data discs! firmware driver for matsushita bd uj 210s says it's up to date driver ver. 6.0.6000.16386 ?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The RAID 0 error is usually caused by transferring a large amount of data. The usual cause is associated when using iTunes. There is usually no need to replace the drive as it is a software error.

Try to clear your RAID 0 error: -

1. To fix the problem, download and Install updated Intel SATA Driver 7.5.0.1017 from AR31S Downloads

To stop the error message: -

2. Search all programs -> Intel Matrix Storage Manager
3. Right-click and 'Run as Administrator'
4. In the Intel Matrix Storage Console, choose 'advanced view'.
5. One of your drives ("Port 0" or "Port 1") will show an error.
6. Change its status to 'Normal' (I think you do this by right-clicking on the drive or choosing 'Actions')

Try your BD Disc again. What program are you using to try to format the BD Disc?

:wink:

dreamydays
Visitor

am using the vista format disc tool...do you suggest using another tool? if so which one/

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I don't think Vista can read or write to Blu-Ray Discs at all.

You should have "Roxio Easy Media Creator 9" for data and "BD Discrecorder for VAIO" for HD video installed on your AR31S.

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

As Blencogo has pointed out, using Vista's writing abilities will not format your BD disks. Why? Because Microsoft doesn't have the technology to make it work. So either Nero or Roxio's Easy CD Creator will do.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Ashampoo burning studio works a treat too