Join now - be part of our community!

Cant create Back up disks

profile.country.en_GB.title
chjenki97
New

Cant create Back up disks

I am on my third Vaio and am now am the proud owner of a new VPCEB2Z0E/BQ    Its only two days old and it refuses to create back up disks - its spat out and ruined 12 DVD+R

This silly little economy of Sony' not including these discs has cost me 12 hours in time, and wasted over a dozen discs, The faulty software or heardware in the machine  produced three copies of the first disc,but not disc 2, or three. Unless Sony supply me with a Back up disk its going back ,and I'm buying an ACER

If others are strugling with this problem the error messages I am getting are as follows

(0) 203        Error verifying the Disk

(0)104        Problem verifying the dsic   

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you tried speaking to Vaio Support?  I'm sure they will help in one way or another.

Have you tried Sony, Verbatim or TDK DVD+R Discs? 

Have you installed any Virtual Disc Software like Daemon Tools or MagicISO?  If so it will need to be uninstalled.

Does the DVD drive play and record other discs?

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
chjenki97
New

Thank you,

The thing is pristine 4 days old, nothing installed on other than what it came with, and the windows and Vaio updates.

I hadn't though of testing the Drive, I assumed it was new and would work! - I will try a DVD in it and see.

I think its software problem as it creates disks (disc1, but not 2 , or 3), and interestingly I always but the same brand of DVD, and my last Vaio worked fine with this brand - I still have the old back up discs to prove it!

I will try talking to Vaio support after the weekend, but I have such a low opinion of them as they failed to offer any video driver support for my old (£800) Vaio when windows 7 came out - it was only 20 monts old - very poor show yt Sont. I have a very low threshhold now for rejecting their products if they don't work!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you installed all the software updates for your model from here following the recoveries?  I see there are updates for Vaio Care, Vaio Update and Vaio Recovery Centre: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?m=VPCEB2Z0E_BQ&l=en_GB

If you have and still no joy, I would ask Vaio Support to supply a Recovery Disc set when you speak to them on Monday.

Good Luck.