Join now - be part of our community!

cant disable wireless connection

balantre
Visitor

cant disable wireless connection

hello there,.
can someone help me please,.
yesterday i have tried to find out if in my area was some wireless conectivity, so i have turn on wireless connection on my computer, but after to do so i cant make it of,. when i tried the error messege appeared like this --- it is no possible to disable the connection at this time. the connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user or the system account.
there is no oser user on my compiuter ,. i dont understund why i cant turn it off,.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi balantre,

Can you not move the WLAN switch to off :thinking:

balantre
Visitor

Hi balantre,

Can you not move the WLAN switch to off :thinking:

what do you mean?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

On the front of your Vaio notebook, do you have a small on off switch for wireless (possibly WLAN) similar to this...

If so just turn it to off...

balantre
Visitor

ok, i turned it off already,. i wanted to disable it on the connection window in the compiuter, wireless connection logo is stiil on my taskbar

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Does this help...

Click Start, goto Control Panel > click on Network and Internet Connections in the Control Panel window.
Click on Network Connections on the next screen.
Right-click on your Wireless Network Connection and select DISABLE from the menu that appears.
When you want to enable the wireless network connection again, right-click on the icon and select ENABLE..:smileyhappy: