Join now - be part of our community!

Car power adapter

buuggssy
Visitor

Car power adapter

Just took delivery of an FM transmitter that plugs into the headphone socket. This means I can now listen to all the tracks on my Vaio in my car by tuning the radio to the correct frequency. A bargain at only £7.50 (delivered) from ebay. What I need now is an adapter that I can plug into the car lighter socket to power my Vaio during long journeys. Anyone got any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
faithx

Hi buuggssy

Sounds cool :cool:

Have a look at this thread, may help you out :slight_smile:

buuggssy
Visitor

Thanks for the info, but it is not quite what I was looking for. I need an adapter that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket and has a plug on the other end that goes straight into the VP without having to use the cradle.

everythingSony
Visitor

Thanks for info on the FM transmitter. I was going to take my VP back as I thought it wasn't going to connect to the car properly. An FM transmitter would be a great way to do it though. Can you provide details of the make and model of hte one you bought from eBay, or if anyone else has any suggestions I'd be grateful if they could let me know?

Ta

Hellz_Virtue
Visitor

To be honest your best bet is to find a cassete adapter, fi you want to use it in your car or any other cassete player, e.g. in a Hi-Fi. I use it and its great, but you obviously need a cassete player in your car :smileygrin: Its a lot cheaper, about a fiver, and plus you dont need to worry about scouring eBay for one (not that eBay's bad or anything...)

robpaxton
Explorer

There's this transmitter

Current bid is £2.99 ending in 4hrs 17 mins . . . . £7.00 postage though :anguished:

kee-lo_

Heh typical of eBay, always someone pushing their luck.

buuggssy
Visitor

Hi, Here is the link to the seller of the car adapters. As far as I can remember, postage was about £2.50
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48451&item=5737047805

chris_lewis
Visitor

Hi,

I use a Belkin Tunecast II I have found it works well when you can find a clear station
it came with a power cord but does cost a lot more than the one on ebay.

Chris.