Join now - be part of our community!

Changing graphic card

a.piano
Explorer

Changing graphic card

I have PCV-RS404.
Today I bought a new graphic card (the original is ATI Radeon 9200).
The one I bought is Asus N6800 512MB DDR2.
When I turned on my computer it make immediately a strong whistling!!!
I didn't insisted and put the old one.
Does someone know what's de problem?
Is there any incompatibility?
Thank you for your help.

A. Piano
Switzerland

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Dear A Piano was the whistling A flat miner or b flat major which is C anyway....or is it G major...seriously ...check the sound drivers in the device manager and see if the audio controllers are in conflict. If so then update them from the manufacturer if that doesn't work then the Sony Vaio Link drivers will have to do. Nice graphics card by the way I have the ATI X800gt and it's a bit rubbish compared with yours

a.piano
Explorer

When I say whistling, it cames from the computer it self, not from the speakers!!!
I opened again my computer and I put the new graphic card once more. Then, leting it opend, I just put it on. Inside, in the mother board, I saw a little green light flicking while in the same time it wheezings! As if I didn't inserted it correctly (but it was).

Excuse me for my poor english, my mother tong is french.

Please, help me with this problem!!!

A. Piano
Switzerland

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I wonder if the card is getting enough clean power - what is the wattage of the power supply in your RS404? I've heard you need 450W!

Does it make the noise even under no load? In most performance cards the shielded coils can vibrate under heavy load and 'screech'.

:thinking: