Join now - be part of our community!

Claiming your copy of Vista...

bluefoam
Visitor

Claiming your copy of Vista...

Got a C-Series recently & was wondering how I claim my copy of Vista in January, nothing came in the box..

Does it get sent to me automatically, can I download it over the internet or do I need to apply for it?

72 REPLIES 72
profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

go to the website and follow the instructions there:

http://www.vaio.sony-europe.com/vista

KR,
Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
apierc1
Visitor

Hi Nico, I had my laptop replaced by vaio link in November for a new one, can I claim a copy of Vista?

Thanks

Andy

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Andy,

Nice try but as your FE was a replacement I expect Sony will not supply you with a Vista upgrade as you did not purchase your Vaio within the qualifying period.. :slight_frown:

apierc1
Visitor

Grr, I don't think I would actually instal it, as I would be afraid of mucking it all up, but would like a free copy :cry: Also, my warranty acording to e-support runs out at the end of August. Should this new laptop be covered for a year from when I received it?

Thanks again,
Andy

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I see it still says Coming Soon, when exactly is it going to be rolled out, or is it when retail is released?

apierc1
Visitor

I see it still says Coming Soon, when exactly is it going to be rolled out, or is it when retail is released?

I would presume so Kee, I'm guessing it's sometime in January, I will still try and get a free copy, I had a report on my keyboard, aparently it's within the acceptable bounds, although I'm not sure how they can tell from a picture easily. Well It's ok cos it isn't too bad, at least it's logged incase anything goes wrong with it in the future :slight_smile:

Waqz
Visitor

hi. i tried to upgrade. it charges a £17 delivery. it can not possibley cost them that much to send some cds! Woukd it be possible to collect them from a nearby sony store if anyone knows?

Wickud
Visitor

hi. i tried to upgrade. it charges a £17 delivery. it can not possibley cost them that much to send some cds! Woukd it be possible to collect them from a nearby sony store if anyone knows?

Yeah i came across this extreme delivery charge too! Entered my card details and it didn't give me n e sort of receipt or n e thing it only came up with two buttons saying "cancel payment" and "cancel order" then said if u cancel now, u will have to talk to customer services! Not too sure whether they took payment or n e thing as yet! Hopefully things should become clearer soon as I know Sony aren't going to scam me out of £17 :tongue:
Can n e 1 shed some light on this situation???
Cheers!

highroyds
Visitor

Yeah i came across this extreme delivery charge too! Entered my card details and it didn't give me n e sort of receipt or n e thing it only came up with two buttons saying "cancel payment" and "cancel order" then said if u cancel now, u will have to talk to customer services! Not too sure whether they took payment or n e thing as yet! Hopefully things should become clearer soon as I know Sony aren't going to scam me out of £17 :tongue:
Can n e 1 shed some light on this situation???
Cheers!

Thats what I got, I decided to go back to the first page on a new window and clicked on check status of order, entered my laptop details and it states that theres no order for my laptop. :devil: