Join now - be part of our community!

Claiming your copy of Vista...

bluefoam
Visitor

Claiming your copy of Vista...

Got a C-Series recently & was wondering how I claim my copy of Vista in January, nothing came in the box..

Does it get sent to me automatically, can I download it over the internet or do I need to apply for it?

72 REPLIES 72
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

£17!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are they crazy?

A CD costs 70p to send in the UK!

tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

It is MS that decides on the pricing. We just charge what they tell us to.

KR,
Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
Waqz
Visitor

Well that is one hell of a expensive price. It only costs 70p like someone said earlier. It isnt free theyre obviousle charging more to make some money from the "Free Vista Upgrade". Will this price come down? THey may put it down seeing that people arent going to pay £17 for a cd. Would,nt it be possible to go collect it from anywhere like Microsoft or something. Id rather collect it from somewhere than pay £17 for a cd to be posted. Thanks for replies!

Wickud
Visitor

Seems a lil dodgy to me! Even if they do send us the CD/DVD, £17 for delivery?! Are they sending it by helicopter???

Waqz
Visitor

Well that is one hell of a expensive price. It only costs 70p like someone said earlier. It isnt free theyre obviousle charging more to make some money from the "Free Vista Upgrade". Will this price come down? THey may put it down seeing that people arent going to pay £17 for a cd. Would,nt it be possible to go collect it from anywhere like Microsoft or something. Id rather collect it from somewhere than pay £17 for a cd to be posted. Thanks for replies!

Well like i said above it only costs 70p to send it! Where is it actually coming from!? Lyk above is it going to come down? Id rather go and collect the cd from somewhere of its close!

JamieM
Visitor

I went to that website (http://vista.vaio-link.com/) and tried to order my copy for when its released. But when I choose my country (Ireland) it brought me tot he page where you select what version you of XP you already have and what version you should be getting. But the dropdown boxes had nothign in them for my country. So i tried using a different country instead (UK) and the dropdown boxes had all the info in them I didn't continue the order. i am wondering will i be able to claim my free upgrade online or will i have to get it using some other method?

kee-lo_

Seems that a lot of other Irish customers are having this issue. I'd definately question VAIO-Link about this.

highroyds
Visitor

I sent a message to vaio support about the ordering of the vista upgrade, but still waiting on a reply from them :devil:

Waqz
Visitor

Does anyone know if the £17 for delivery will change. It only costs 70p to send a cd. DOes anyone know if its posibke ti collect the cd from a nearby store or something.........

kee-lo_

It is MS that decides on the pricing. We just charge what they tell us to.

KR,
Nico

They are crazy, but we know that too well!

The answer to that question is no then Waqz as it's sent from Microsoft's offices. They probably use a courier.