Join now - be part of our community!

Claiming your copy of Vista...

bluefoam
Visitor

Claiming your copy of Vista...

Got a C-Series recently & was wondering how I claim my copy of Vista in January, nothing came in the box..

Does it get sent to me automatically, can I download it over the internet or do I need to apply for it?

72 REPLIES 72
Fursten
Visitor

I tried to order it today, however after filling out all the forms including my credit card details and hitting "complete", I got an error saying I should try again. However, now it doesn't see my COA number as a valid one, and ofcourse noone answers on their given email address. Sigh..

maishan
New

I tried to order it today, however after filling out all the forms including my credit card details and hitting "complete", I got an error saying I should try again. However, now it doesn't see my COA number as a valid one, and ofcourse noone answers on their given email address.  Sigh..

I'm in the same boat as you.

Paladindc
Visitor

Had the same prob. Detailed description below for people who are interested!

1) Vaio bought from PC World (Ouch!)
2) Tried registering for Vista online, got to payment details, entered and hit continue to be met with an error.
3) Tried again to find that web page gives an unexpected error after the page where I enter my Details (Type, serial, COA etc...)
4) Contacted PC World a variety of times and was given three methods: via their tech guys website (which bought me back to the site in point 2), via the Microsoft website (Need a registration code), and ring their head office.
5) Rung PC Worlds head office, was given Microsofts number.
6) Rung Microsoft, was given Sony's number
7) Rung Sony was given Moduslink's (Upgrade page hosts) number.
😎 Rung Moduslink number to find that it doesn't exist (0800 66644666 - might be something in the number, do you reckon! lol)
9) Rung Sony again and they confirmed this number.
10) Decided to contact Moduslink direct via their website details, left a message and will keep harrasing until I get my answer, or else Watchdog will be hearing about this farce! Will keep this thread updated with any news I have!

SONY/PCWORLD/MODUSLINK GET YOUR ACTS TOGETHER! MICROSOFT HAS MADE THE PROCESS EASY FOR A MAJORITY OF IT'S PARTNERS, WHY IS THERE SO MUCH COMPLEXITY... AND WHY IS DELL ONLY CHARGING £11 FOR VISTA DELIVERY, IN COMPARISON TO YOUR £17!!!!

{UPDATE - 10/1/07 - 15:10}
Have pushed to speak to someone at moduslink (Ireland), and they are getting someone from Appledorn (?) in the Netherlands to contact myself sometime today, regarding this issue.

highroyds
Visitor

I just got an email from Sony Vaio to say the following:

For support with the Microsoft Vista Upgrade, we would advise you to contact the details availalbe on http://vista.vaio-link.com 

or ModusLink on the below details.

Email: MSTUPVISTAEMEA@MODUSLINK.COM

Phone (9am – 6pm CET):
Germany: +800 666 44 666
United Kingdom: +800 666 44 666
France: +800 666 44 666
Italy: +800 666 44 666
NederlandsL: +800 666 44 666
Spain: 900 973 154

I've checked the number all over and its the correct number but I've also emailed them and still waiting for them to reply.

I've just got a voucher for my desktop pc so I can upgrade that, so I'll see what happens when I place the order for that pc.

forforty440
Visitor

I tried to order it today, however after filling out all the forms including my credit card details and hitting "complete", I got an error saying I should try again. However, now it doesn't see my COA number as a valid one, and ofcourse noone answers on their given email address.  Sigh..

same problem man :

highroyds
Visitor

I've received a copy of XP Pro with the upgrade coupon and installed that gone to the web site to order the upgrade to vista and surprise surprise the same site moduslink.com wouldnt let me put in the coupon number stating: We're sorry but we are unable to validate your Serialized Redemption Form Number.

So if I cant order with a valid coupon I doubt I'll of ordered the one for the Sony Vaio.

Guess I'll have to email them AGAIN and even try the phone number which some people have reported it as none working.

Paladindc
Visitor

{Update to my earlier post}

Moduslink (Netherlands) have contacted myself after some constant harrasment and have realised that there is an issue with both the website (They tried it with my details whilst on the phone) and their phone number. They have assured me that they will escalate these issues to the relevant parties, so hopefully we can all be happy (with a Microsoft product???) soon. They should be contacting me later today with further info. I will keep you all informed as to my progress.

Bloodguy
Visitor

Yes, same here at 8pm at night 17 Jan 07.

Looking up the order shows the order on record, but I dont think it took the money...

I've just emailed them so hopefully they will be in contact, or someone from sony who monitors these boards will..

highroyds
Visitor

I've tried to contact them by email a number of times but they havent replied to me yet, so I phoned them up and they told me not to bother emailing and if I have anymore problems to call them up on the phone as its free as well. Tel: 00800 66644666

Yes, same here at 8pm at night 17 Jan 07.

Looking up the order shows the order on record, but I dont think it took the money...

I've just emailed them so hopefully they will be in contact, or someone from sony who monitors these boards will..

archer2006
Visitor

I did a web purchase of the C1-S/W notebook in December through SonyStyle and I am in a similar situation with NO response from Moduslink (on email) re the Vista upgrade. I was one of the few who went through the upgrade (COA, payment etc) process 'successfully' when upgrade site went live early Jan, but soon received the infamous mail from Moduslink asking for a certified proof of purchase AND a redemption form!! SonyStle agents confirmed that this was a mistake by Moduslink and the Vista DVD delivery process would be seamless, given the fact I have been charged 17 GBP.

The phone number 0800 666 44 666 given by the sonystyle agents to talk to Moduslink re same seems defunct and therefore I'm not sure where to escalate this next!

Could anyone confirm whether it is *still* required to snail-mail the proof of purchase (invoice) to Moduslink (and what about redemption form) OR SONY/MS/Moduslink would eventually ensure a seamless,painless upgrade for all customers who are eligible for a valid Vista upgrade?

A announcement in this thread or update on Vaio-link.com website would be a relief for all customers...