Join now - be part of our community!

Claiming your copy of Vista...

bluefoam
Visitor

Claiming your copy of Vista...

Got a C-Series recently & was wondering how I claim my copy of Vista in January, nothing came in the box..

Does it get sent to me automatically, can I download it over the internet or do I need to apply for it?

72 REPLIES 72
Paladindc
Visitor

Right... Success (I hope!)

Moduslink (Netherlands) have finally got back to me! God I'm patient! lol

It appears that they have to send the COA number to Microsoft, so MS can unlock the number for use again (Fair 'nuff). Appears that a lot of people are having this problem and this is what is taking the time.

They have promised me that they will look into getting respective companies to dish out the correct number 00800 66644666 (not 0800 66644666 as everyone has been told), and this should probably be your first point of call if you are having problems. The people I spoke to at Moduslink are a courteous and helpful bunch (not just saying that because they were all female either!).

Once it has all gone through you will get a reference number. This number needs to be sent with a copy of your receipt only to verify the purchase date (Inbetween Oct 06 and May 07 is valid for the upgrade - I think, don't quote me!) via fax, snail mail or scan/email.

Then just wait for the delivery... and keep your fingers crossed. Should be around 4 - 6 weeks (Don't forget Vista isn't released... yet)

Hope this helps everyone. Happy Vistaring! :wink:

highroyds
Visitor

Its good to hear that you received something from moduslink. They must be catching up on all the emails and phone calls as I finally received an email from them today telling me that I could order the vista upgrade via their web site or their phone number. So I'm going to try again tomorrow and if I still cant get it to work I'll be phoning them up and ask them to try and take the order over the phone.

Moduslink Details:

The Upgrade Redemption Support Centre.

Toll-Free phone :
Germany : 00800 666 44 666
United Kingdom : 00800 666 44 666
France : 00800 666 44 666
Italy :00800 666 44 666
Netherlands : 00800 666 44 666
Spain : 900 973154

Toll paid Phone :
Phone :+31 880016102
Fax : +31 555433946

Address :
Technical Upgrade Program Vista
P.O. Box 252
7300 AG Apeldoorn
The Netherlands

Web site : http://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista/
E-Mail : Europe : MSTUPVISTAEMEA@moduslink.com

wheresmybeaver
Visitor

Hey gang, I emailed Moduslink about Irish customers ordering the Vista upgrade, and they replied as follows

According the agreement reached between Microsoft and Sony, our Express Upgrade Program is not alive in Ireland at that time.

(I think they mean "at this time")

This is interesting, because I was led to believe upon purchase of a laptop in December 2006 that as an Irish SonyStyle customer I would in fact be entitled to an upgrade.

Anybody from Sony care to comment??

jb303
Visitor

Hi,
Went through all the due process and decided to pay for the delivery and packaging (a weak moment i know, it costs max £5 to send it if you ask me)
I got to the credit card bit and i could only select Solo and some other card! No Visa Option!
So i had to cancel the order! Anyone else got anywhere with it??

Ta

highroyds
Visitor

I've ordered it today, but because I had problems with ordering it with the switch and heard others having the same problem I selected cheque instead and surprise its all gone through and now just have to send a cheque to them.

When I phoned them up last week the guy I spoke to said they were having some problems with online payments but they do accept cheque or bank transfer.

Just pay via cheque and if ya in UK send it via recorded delivery then its up to the postal service to get it there.

jb303
Visitor

Hi,
Thanks highroyds, if anyone else sees if the credit card part of the site, and notices that its fixed if they could do a post that would be great. Id prefer to use my card because theres less chance of it getting lost!

Thanks
James

Loaded1001
Visitor

Yes, I am in the same situation. Didn't get any confirmation of my order, sent two emails and no reply. Does anyone at Sony care that the company they are using for Vista upgrades is doing this?

It reflects badly on Sony if they choose to use this company.

Loaded1001
Visitor

Is it me or does anyone else find it absolutely laughable that companies such as Sony and Microsoft actually chose to use Moduslink who a) seem to be unable to reply to emails or give out a correct phone number and b) can't process online orders using a credit card.

The words "brewery" and "piss-up" spring to mind !!!!

highroyds
Visitor

Yes, I am in the same situation. Didn't get any confirmation of my order, sent two emails and no reply. Does anyone at Sony care that the company they are using for Vista upgrades is doing this? 

It reflects badly on Sony if they choose to use this company.

its not sony that employ the company its with Microsoft who have employed them far as I know.

The correct number you call is 00800 666 44 666 they are a great bunch of people who would gladly help you out. If you've placed the order but no confirmation, give them a call and see what they say. I had problems with the online ordering with cards, but when I placed the order with a cheque it went very smoothly.

archer2006
Visitor

Hi highroyds! I have tried 00800 666 44 666 a couple of times but get a discontinuation tone (no response)Earlier I was given 0800 666 44 666 by sonystyle which didn't work either.
Ironically mailing to moduslink didn't help either. My order had been accepted - it says order confirmed, but then got a mail from moduslink asking redemption form + proof of invoice. A suggestion how to get around this problem would be helpful - and an alternate telephone number as well.