Join now - be part of our community!

Claiming your copy of Vista...

bluefoam
Visitor

Claiming your copy of Vista...

Got a C-Series recently & was wondering how I claim my copy of Vista in January, nothing came in the box..

Does it get sent to me automatically, can I download it over the internet or do I need to apply for it?

72 REPLIES 72
highroyds
Visitor

Sorry to hear about your problems with the vista upgrade on moduslink.

The number is correct 00800 66644666 the phone line will go a little strange but just wait a while and you should hear a person speak to you or some music. I thought I got disconnected, but far as I know thats how the phone line sounds over in america lol.

If your upgrading your copy of xp from an redemption coupon then you need to fill in the details of your order on the coupon you have and send it along with the proof of purchase. Otherwise if you've got the upgrade with the pc you've purchased you need to send the proof of purchase of the pc to them.

I havent mentioned the payment part as some people have been able to get through the online payment, but for those who have had to send a cheque just send to the same place your sending the proof of purchase.

Please remember to put your order number of all the documents that you send them.

Hope this helps. The only other way to send it is to email or fax the documents to moduslink to save on postage. :smileygrin:

oxygenestudios
Visitor

Well, after several attempts and phone calls I was able to finish the upgrade order (wire transfer chosen). However something strange happened:
In the order page it was clear that it was the Windows Vista business version was ordered while in the confirmation email i got, the version ordered was vista home basic!!!! (not even premium).. Anyone else with the same problem? They ran out of vista business dvds or something? It is really dissapointing...

admin
Visitor

Microsoft must not consider Sony worth the effort and Sony obviously have no clout with
Microsoft. Otherwise the most obvious way to give out Vista to those eligible for the "not so free" £17.63 upgrade would have been to have Microsoft supply them via Sony Centres. I could have just walked in with my receipt and picked them up. Sony could have sorted some ticket or something else to give out to new purchasers who would be eliible. They can't think ahead. Did they not expect a large demand causing delays and problems when Vista was released.

Tobias1087
Visitor

I just bought 2 Vaio's ((one for me and one for the missus)) a FE31M for me and a C1S for her. Just tried to get my vista upgrade, got to the card payment thing clicked okay and there was an error then can't get back to it as my COA can't be validated.... From what it sounds like I need to phone 00800 66644666 when its open which will have to be wednesday, when i'm off.

Is this correct?

\Tobias/

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Tobias,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

Hyroyds posted Moduslink's contact information, see below, towards the bottom there is also an email address which you could try..

Moduslink Details:

The Upgrade Redemption Support Centre.

Toll-Free phone :
Germany : 00800 666 44 666
United Kingdom : 00800 666 44 666
France : 00800 666 44 666
Italy : 00800 666 44 666
Netherlands : 00800 666 44 666
Spain : 900 973154

Toll paid Phone :
Phone : +31 880016102
Fax : +31 555433946

Address :
Technical Upgrade Program Vista
P.O. Box 252
7300 AG Apeldoorn
The Netherlands

Web site : http://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista/
E-Mail : Europe : MSTUPVISTAEMEA@moduslink.com

highroyds
Visitor

Hi Tobias,

Yep you got it right you will need to phone them up and just give them details of what happened and they'll just ask for your serial number if you have one or your COA and they'll confirm your details then unlock them form the system for you to get another try.

I would highly recommend that if you've had the problem with putting in the card payment try another payment method like cheque as thats what I had to do.

highroyds
Visitor

Got a reply from Moduslink after a very long wait (not the reply I wanted lol):

Dear customer,
This is in response to your email regarding the Vista upgrade program.
Due to an overwhelming interest in the Upgrade Redemption Program we unfortunately have not been able to reply to your query in a more timely manner.

With this message we want to acknowledge the receipt of your email. We will provide you with an answer to your query in the near future. In the meantime, we thank you for your patience.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this delay.
Regards,
The Upgrade Redemption Support Centre

Sehr geehrter Kunde, Sehr geehrte Kundin,

But Microsoft have now said:

We'd like to assure customers that all valid orders that were placed before the 31st January will be fulfilled within 28 days, as per the agreed terms,' a Microsoft spokesperson claimed.

danreed
Visitor

Has anyone actually received a copy of Vista using the claim form yet?

profile.country.NL.title
blueswan

:slight_smile: Hi Vaioclub (Paladindo),

Thank you for your reply.
I have tried to order this upgrade thing by internet for Ireland is not working for Netherland the internetsite gives error. At the moment I´m living in Dubling Ireland. I want the Vista and the upgrade in Dutch. I haven´t heard anything yet for Ireland about this update yet.

Anyway I´ll e-mail or give them a call about this upgrade CD/DVD for Vista Home Premium to find out how to claim my upgrade CD/DVD for Vista.

Thanks very much for the information.
Anyo

Blueswan
ratter52
Visitor

Hi all has anyone out there actually taken (the very expensive) delivery of VISTA? I have been waiting several weeks since having my order confirmed.