Join now - be part of our community!

Claiming your copy of Vista...

bluefoam
Visitor

Claiming your copy of Vista...

Got a C-Series recently & was wondering how I claim my copy of Vista in January, nothing came in the box..

Does it get sent to me automatically, can I download it over the internet or do I need to apply for it?

72 REPLIES 72
highroyds
Visitor

If you check your order status your order has to show COA and then POP confirmed or validated
then and only then will you get any where near the dispatch date. Until then you wont receive your upgrade.

My order still has COA status confirmed/validated just waiting for my POP to go through now.

But I ordered the Vista OEM from an on line store and it came next day, I just wished Microsoft had instead of doing an "express" upgrade they would of given the choice of getting the upgrade for the pc or the purchase of the xp os from the place you got the item from.

topbannana
Visitor

I ordered this 8 weeks ago.

Still no delivery.

What can i do now.

highroyds
Visitor

I ordered this 8 weeks ago.

Still no delivery.

What can i do now.

Phone them up, but please note the information above.

They are running behind on orders.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

What can i do now.

The only thing you can do really is contact moduslink I hope that you can get a response.. :slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I'm not suprised about this, when I ordered SP2 it took nearly 9 weeks to get here!

highroyds
Visitor

Well I've just got a very nice surprise. Received an email from Moduslink
about my order. Its now being processed and I should receive it within 4 - 6 weeks.

Looks like someones given them a kick up the .... :smileygrin: :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Good to hear, hopefully things will start moving for everyone now.. :slight_smile:

Waqz
Visitor

Hi. I stil havent ordered my Vista. When do they stop giving them?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Waqz,

If you bought a Vista Capable Vaio be eligible to claim for the Vista Express upgrade you needed to buy between Oct 26th 2006 and 15th March 2007..

Therefore you still have time to claim your upgrade.. :slight_smile:

Waqz
Visitor

Ok. I am eligible to get a upgrade. But do they stop giving them out? I read somewhere they are going to stop.