Join now - be part of our community!

Cleaning my VAIO laptop

inectarios
Visitor

Cleaning my VAIO laptop

Hey guys.. I ve bought a A117s a few months ago. I must say Im very satisfied with it...

A few days ago i've noticed that some of the buttons' finish on my keyboard and the space where i put my hands on while typing (left and right of the mouse touchpad) are becoming more "shiny". (i.e spoiled)

The letters's print and the paint are just fine though but im a bit worried if this is supposed to be normal or not, or if the paint might start coming of at some point.

I've been really careful and tried not to touch my laptop if my hands weren'y clean.. so it shouldn't be my fault.

any suggestions?

Is it possible that this "shininess" might go away if i use a clening product or anything?

Does anyone know any good cleaning products for laptops?

thanx.:smileycool:

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

There is a good chance that the paint will wear off. I'm afraid there is little you can do about it.

I normally just clean my notebooks with a very slightly damp/soapy cloth then clean again with a damp cloth to remove any residue.

kee-lo_

Thats one thing I hate about the VAIO

inectarios
Visitor

What happened to "VAIO's are build to last"?!?!

..and Keelo.. if you hate this about the VAIO then what do you like? I think this is one of the most important issues on laptops... even more important than design and specs...

its not a desktop where u can just throw away ur keyboard a get a new one..

robpaxton
Explorer

Any surface coating will eventually wear off. Yours hasn't worn off yet and may not do so for many years. What you can see is probably just the natural oils from your hands that have been transferred to the coating during use.

marty69x
Visitor

i would suggest that you use a mouse instead of the touch pad. and for cleaning use alchol wipe, i think you can get them from most computer shops.:smileyhappy:

kee-lo_

..and Keelo.. if you hate this about the VAIO then what do you like? I think this is one of the most important issues on laptops... even more important than design and specs.

What a like about the VAIO, design and stability.