Join now - be part of our community!

Click from left speaker on shutting-down

sunking101
Visitor

Click from left speaker on shutting-down

Just as XP switches off, the very instant the screen goes blank and the fan goes off - there is a click from the left speaker. This is a new occurrence. Any ideas? I'm getting the impression that my new Vaio is going to be trouble! :slight_frown:
My last Toshiba has been going strong for 6 years - it performs exactly as the day I bought it.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
@5528097000005097
Visitor

Hi sunking101

My vaio does that, many electrical appliances that produce sound do, though you don't say how loud the sound is, your volume setting will effect how noticeable it is. Speakers produce sound through voltage fluctuation and switching off causes a big one! Some systems (your Toshiba maybe) and hi-fi's etc. have circuits which eliminate this, usually to prevent potential speaker damage where high wattage is present.

Hope this helps to put your mind at ease.

sunking101
Visitor

Hi, thanks for your reply. The click isn't that loud but it bothers me because it didn't do it before and the right speaker doesn't do it.

kee-lo_

My GRX does this, it's just the sound system being turned off

sunking101
Visitor

Why does it only do it 'sometimes' though? I don't like intermittent faults! If it did it ALL the time and did so from new then perhaps I would accept your explanation.

sunking101
Visitor

Anyone any ideas? Can we have a poll as to whose Vaio emits a click from the left speaker the instant the screen goes dead upon switching off? Mine does this approx 50% of the time and doesn't sound healthy.

kee-lo_

We don't have polling facilities yet.