Join now - be part of our community!

Click to Disc returns message to update Click to Disc Editor when

profile.country.en_GB.title
V-Woman
Explorer

Click to Disc returns message to update Click to Disc Editor when

I try to burn disc.......

Nothing on VAIO Update..........seen a couple of posts on here but not sure if they relate as used to be working perfectly before I recovered my VGN-AR71ZU...

Can anyone point me in the right direction????

Much appreciation for your time. :smileyconfused:Anna

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Anna,

Are you using Windows Vista?

If you look on the downloads website for your model, you will find an update for Click to Disc Editor to version 2.0.03.04150 - try installing that.  It was probably not updated after you reinstalled the OS.

Download it from here under the Windows Vista list of updates: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-AR71ZU/updates

Any problems, come back here.

:thinking:

V-Woman
Explorer

For some reason when I checked for Updates for my VGN-AR71ZU Click to Disc Editor previously today none were showing.....but your link showed what I needed but then had the problem of it not recognising that CtoD Editor was installed. I then decided to uninstall and start again so installed from scratch CtoD Editor and did the remaining updates and thought I was getting somewhere when was kicked back with Error Messages...on Click to disc as per snapshot:

Any suggestions?? Baffled.

Seems VAIO Update does not recognise my laptop on occasion either or gives me wrong updates.

Message was edited by: VAIOWomanZ

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Looking again, I see there are TWO updates for Click2Disc Editor.  Perhaps you have to install both of these in order: -

1.  Update Ver. 2.0.02.08070

2.  Update Ver. 2.0.03.04150

Only a suggestion as I am as baffled as you!!

:thinking:

V-Woman
Explorer

Blencogo thank you....yes they were installed in correct order, made sure of that when re-installed....have also checked settings before use but no joy there.....I must be missing something so will just have to keep looking for now until I figure it out but if have no joy will be back...Thanks once again. Anna :smileygrin: