Join now - be part of our community!

Connect Vaio ar51su to Bravia w2000 TV

profile.country.en_GB.title
supportnet
Visitor

Connect Vaio ar51su to Bravia w2000 TV

Hi I can connect the Vaio to the TV ok it is just the desktop overlaps the TV screen so I am missing both edges, I have tried changin the screen resolution on the vaio but it just makes it bigger rather than make it fit to tv screen

3 REPLIES 3
AltarSplinter
Visitor

I connected the AR51SU to a KDL-32D3000 TV using a HDMI cable.
This works ok, I am using the max TV PC resolution, which is 1360x768.

Try finding your max TV PC resolution and adjust the resolution to it. I normally watch output on the TV or the laptop, this way resolution is switched automatically.

supportnet
Visitor

When I plug my Vaio into my Sony Bravia w2000 1080p lcd 40" tv via HDMI I get the desktop up on the tv no problem but it overhangs - I can only see part of the icons down the side of the screen as if the desktop is bigger that the screen size, I have tried to change the resolution on the laptop but that does not make any difference.
When I play a blu-ray disk I loose both sides of the picture and is very frustrating

tonybeard
Explorer

Does your TV have 'overscan' in the settings. For example I had the same problem with the computer HDMI output from the Vaio edges being cropped and I dug deep into my manual for a Hitachi PJ-TX300 Projector and found I could adjust the overscan and did so pulling in the edges to fit properly.