Join now - be part of our community!

connecting my sony vaio laptop to my sony bravia lcd...help!!

stegsukuk
Visitor

connecting my sony vaio laptop to my sony bravia lcd...help!!

Ok here goes...i have just brought a sony lcd tv (kdl-v32a12u)...unfortunatly it has no pc connection...i have just purchased a vga to hdmi lead and plugged it into my hdmi socket on the tv....nothing is happening....i have been into 'control panel'..'monitor'...and 'displays' and tried to sort in there but no joy....please please help as im so frustrated...thankyou

7 REPLIES 7
stegsukuk
Visitor

ps....sorry forgot to mention i have a sony vaio notebook PCG-k415b

Josh-2552
Visitor

have you tried holding Fn and pressing F7? that can be used to cycle screens....

stegsukuk
Visitor

Thanks josh but i rang sony support and that was what they suggested....it didnt work..when i press fn and f7 it simply says 'lcd only' on my notebook screen but nothing happens on my tv...thanks for your reply!

Josh-2552
Visitor

can i just check that you pressed it twice? i think that's how you scroll between outputs...

also, try checking the cable is ok, and that the VGA output is enabled in device manager

stegsukuk
Visitor

Thanks Josh,i have pressed the fn and f7 several times,the lead seems fine...i have been to device manager and cant see anything that mentions my vga output???...really do appreciate your help ta.....ps...i think that must be the solution...enabling my vga output...i dont know how to do it help please!!

Josh-2552
Visitor

two things- one may sound anoying and repetative, but

1) have you held FN whilst pressing and releasing F7.

2) try plugging in the bravia and looking in device manager, either in Monitors, or Display Adaptors. basically look for anything with a red cross through it that might be related..

so is the bravia good? ime thinkin of getin one

stegsukuk
Visitor

Thanks Josh i ve tried with fn held down and pressing f7...no joy...when i go into device manager, display adaptors and monitors,all i can see is 'radion igp 345m' and 'sony notebook lcd'...no crosses...but thanks alot!!........the bravia is superb...KDL-V32A12U its just been discontinued and is far more 'attractive' looking than there new one..the new one is around 200 pounds cheaper and the only difference inside its shell is that it has a pc connection...the wega engine hasnt changed...the pictures are very very good and the menu and remote very very user friendly....just very frustrating that i cant seem to connect 2 sony items!!