Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting to a TV

twowheeler
Visitor

Connecting to a TV

Does anyone know how to connect a Sony VGN/S4Z laptop to a LCD TV. I`ve tried the monitor port (VGA) to the connection on the tv and been into the control panel and cloned the display but to no avail.Do i need a tv out socket or will the monitor port do the job. Any Help is appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi twowheeler.

VGA is your only video-out on the Vaio - if you have the docking ststion it will have DVI-D.

The VGA monitor output should work - make sure the TV is set to receive from the PC Socket and press Fn + F7 on the Vaio to toggle the display output. If you want sound, you will need a cable from the headphone socket to the TV's audio-in.

There are some known problems with the VGA connection to some Samsung displays and if you cannot get it to work, you may need to buy an adapter that will connect to the TV's composite video or s-video input. Something like this: -

Averkey Lite PC to TV

:wink:

twowheeler
Visitor

thanx for your help,but getting the Tv to recognise the pc is probably were my problem is.How do you do this? in the tv menu area.In the Tv menu the (pc) bit is greyed out and i cant access it,do i need to scan for it as any other tv channel? thanx again for your time