Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting Vaio to TV via VGA

martynkeith
Visitor

Connecting Vaio to TV via VGA

Hi,

I am trying to connect my Vaio (FS415S) to my Samsung tv (LE26R74BD) and it does not work unless i plug another laptop in first and put my tv to pc mode then plug my vaio in(the only way you get pc mode is if there is a vga input present), it wont let me select pc mode if i plug my tv straight into my vaio. My vaio can tell that its a samsung monitor connected but it wont display anything to the tv. I have contacted samsung and they think its a compatibility issue.

Any ideas are greatly apprecitaed as iv spent ages playing about with all the multiple monitor settings.

Thanks,

Martyn

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Martyn and welcome to Club Vaio.

I'm afraid this is a common problem - you are right, there are compatibility issues with some Vaios and some Samsung displays via the VGA connection.

This has been taken up with Sony (who blame Samsung) and Samsung (who blame Sony). As far as I know there is no solution.

:slight_frown:

martynkeith
Visitor

thanks for your help

is it likley there will be a soloution to this in the near future or am i better going for the wireless option to send songs and videos to my tv, or do you know if i am aswell waiting until i get my ps3 and putting my music and videos throught my ps3 to my tv

thanks,

martyn