Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting Vaio VGN FJ1S to Sony Bravia

Footbacon
Visitor

Connecting Vaio VGN FJ1S to Sony Bravia

I had a bit of a chaotic night last night and spilled water all over my laptop screen.

I think the actual hard drive and everything is ok, it's just the screen. But I want to check it by connecting it to my tv or an old moniter.

What do I need to do to connect the laptop to tv?

Please help!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

To connect to a monitor you just need to connect to the 15-pin VGA socket on the left of your FJ-Series Vaio.

To connect to a TV it depends on what inputs are available on the TV.

1. The TV may have a 15-Pin PC-In socket the same as your VGA output - in this case you just need a VGA to VGA monitor cable.

2. Your Vaio has a TV Out socket (third from the front on the right side of your Vaio). To use this you will need a 3.5 mm Jack to 3 x RCA lead LIKE THIS - if your TV does not have 3 x RCA in sockets, you will also need a SCART ADAPTER

:wink:

Footbacon
Visitor

The TV has 15 pin socket, so I've bought a VGA cable today.

I connected them both and nothing's happened. I managed to get into the control centre on the vaio through the blearified screen and found something about the display. It says that external output is enabled, so why isn't it working?

I've flashd through all the AV outputs on the telly, there's a PC one that's just blank.

I'm gonna cry. :cry:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you tried Fn + F7 to toggle to the external display?

:thinking:

Footbacon
Visitor

That' blummin' marvellous! Thank you!

Any idea of how to get the stuff from the computer screen to fit the whole of the telly screen? Currently got big black bars down the left and right hand sides and no amount of telly remote fiddling will make them go away. :smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You'll need to change the output resolution from your Vaio. I think your Vaio screen is 1024 X 768 - which is 4:3.

Depends on your TV but most are 15:9 or 16:9 - so see if your Intel 915GM has a resolution in thet ratio. Most cards support 1280 X 768 (15:9)

Right-click on a blank area of your Desktop -> Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Adapter -> List All Modes.

:wink: