Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting Vaio VGX-XL201 to a Bravia KDL-40W2000 for best results

Barkingtoad
Visitor

Connecting Vaio VGX-XL201 to a Bravia KDL-40W2000 for best results

I have recently brought both a VGX-XL201 and a KDL-40W2000 LCD TV, expecting to simply connect the two via a HDMI cable and hey presto. But too my surprise it doesn't seem to be so easy. When I set the Vaio to 1080, the image overlaps the screen edges, so I'm thinking something here is not using 1920x1020 as it should be.
Does anyone have any ideas or experience on this?
Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
bluetyler
Visitor

I have recently brought both a VGX-XL201 and a KDL-40W2000 LCD TV, expecting to simply connect the two via a HDMI cable and hey presto.  But too my surprise it doesn't seem to be so easy. When I set the Vaio to 1080, the image overlaps the screen edges, so I'm thinking something here is not using 1920x1020 as it should be.
Does anyone have any ideas or experience on this?
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have a KDL-40X2000 and can display 1920x1080 perfectly via my XL202. Have you adjusted your settings to 'Full Pixel' for the AV input on the 'W' that you have the 201 hooked up to. On my X its Settings>Screen>Display> Display size > Full Pixel. Hope this helps.

Barkingtoad
Visitor

Thank you for the idea, however I had a look and it would appear that I don't have this option.
Regards

Barkingtoad
Visitor

So in the end I have finally solved this. The full pixel option doesn't appear until you are sending a 1080 signal to the LCD. So now I have managed to configure the LCD without any overscan, and I have also set the video card to 120dpi.
Thank you bluetyler for the pointer.

bluetyler
Visitor

No problem mate. Glad you got it sorted in the end. Enjoy! :slight_smile: