Join now - be part of our community!

connecting XL201 to Sky Box

profile.country.en_GB.title
adonafu
Visitor

connecting XL201 to Sky Box

Hi there
Just bought a Vaio VGX-XL201 , but can't seem to get my sky channels through the media center.
I have a sony s series tv with HDMi connecting to the media center . How can i get to watch my sky channels through my media center ?
I tried connecting a scart to componets cable from the sky box to my media center , the manuals are of no help whatsoever
Please someone help , i'm pulling my hair out already

Thxs

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi remifuwa and welcome to Club Vaio.

You are right - your manual is useless. I've just had a look.

Here is the official MICROSOFT MCE SOLUTION

I know several members have had difficulty getting MCE to recognise the Analogue Inputs. I'm sure someone who has done this will post a reply soon. I think you have to set the TV card to analogue TV.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
adonafu
Visitor

Thanks , tried all that .... still wont work . Sony thinks the Tunner is faulty but will get back to me in 2 days to let me know if its a DOA. I have called sony sales to come pick it up and refund my money ... spent 4 hours trying to relove the issue today. I try my luck with another manufaturer
thanks anyway

scoobyuser
Visitor

Im running a sky box no problem through RF

But can only veiw in 4.3 via MCE ??

kevinptucker
Visitor

i have a xl100. i had trouble using my set top box at first. the way i did it may work for you. i connected my set top box to the back of the xl100 and conected the xl100 to my tv using the hdmi cable. then open media centre and open the tv section. right click and select settings, then click on tv. click on scan for more services, the signal from your sky box should then come up. i have to change channels using the remote for the set top box as the media centre remote is not recognised by the xl100.