Join now - be part of our community!

Copying Address Book

profile.country.en_GB.title
gyron1
Explorer

Copying Address Book

A very simple one this, but I have forgotten how to do it.

How do I copy my complete address book from Outlook Express on my computer to, say, Outlook Express on another remote computer. Can I email it for simplicity?

Thank for any help,

Gyron

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Gyron,

Does this link or this one help.. :slight_smile:

gyron1
Explorer

Hi Thalamus,

Thanks for that, job done.

Must remember that site, might stop me worrying you Gents so often wth inane questions.

Kind regards,

Gyron

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Thalamus,

Thanks for that, job done.

Must remember that site, might stop me worrying you Gents so often wth inane questions.

Kind regards,

Gyron

Your welcome Gyron, glad you've copied your address book.. :slight_smile:

You're question was not insane nor do I feel as thought you are worrying us with your questions..

I'm happy to help.. :slight_smile:

gyron1
Explorer

your most kind Thalamus,

Kind regards,

Gyron

gyron1
Explorer

Hi Thalamus,

Actually, on the same theme, you might be able to help a little more please.

After my debacle trying to use "Tune-Up" to try and improve my Boot-Up times, it looks as if I might have to do a full recovery on the laptop to correct all the problems this programme seems to have created for me - see earlier thread!

Anyway, I need to copy (Back-Up) and retain (most important) the latest copy of my emails etc (Outlook Express) in all its glory ie incoming, outgoing, saved etc mails. If I Back-Up the folder 'c:\Program Files\Outlook Express' will save everything I need? ie simply do a restore of this file at the end?

Thanks for continued help.

Kind regards,
Gyron

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Gyron,

Here is Microsoft's Guide on How to back up and to restore Outlook Express data and Outlook Express Tips, Tricks and Secrets for Backup and Restore , I also found a link to a Outlook Express Backup Wizard application, there is a 30 day trial available but I've not tried it before so I can't say how good it is..

gyron1
Explorer

Hi Thalamus,

Thanks once again,

Kind regards,

Gyron

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome Gyron, I hope all goes well.. :slight_smile: