Join now - be part of our community!

Corresponding iLink cable for a Vaio PCG-1211M???

profile.country.en_GB.title
lucyemmaleslie
Visitor

Corresponding iLink cable for a Vaio PCG-1211M???

Anyone would think I wanted to secret to eternal life...

I have a SONY VAIO PCG-1211M & I have a Sony camcorder DCR-HC27E. I want to put my recordings on my laptop. I need cables & have contacted Sony tech support to find out which one. They have told me the following:

"I have had a look to see which USB cable would be appropriate, and it appears you need an i-Link cable. In order to use this you would also have to have a corresponding iLink cable for your computer as well.

The specific cable which is supported by your camera is the 4-pin i-Link cable.

You can contact your computer manufacturer to find more information on ports for your computer."

So I know which cable I need for the camcorder but what else do I need? Found it strange he hadn't actually read my email & didn't see that SONY made my laptop too & couldn't just tell me both parts...

What exactly do I ask for & buy please?

Thank you in advance

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi lucyemmaleslie and welcome,

I don’t recognise PCG-1211M as a model number (it may be the chassis number) – have a look for a number on the bottom right hand side of the screen.

Assuming that this is a notebook then it will almost certainly be a 4 pin i-Link connector.

You can check this out from the specifications for your model by following this link –

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/index.aspx?l=en_GB

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat