Join now - be part of our community!

could you give me advice?

zinom
Visitor

could you give me advice?

Dear All,
From 15 years I am a Mac user. Only 1 time I've had a PC (a HP PC), one year and half ago. But now, I am thinking to buy a new notebook, and I am with a lot of doubts. I don't know if it is very good to change to Windows. I am hsitating between a Vaio SZ or a MacBook Pro. I know that if I'll go to Mac foruns all members will say that PC's are very bad. Is that so? Could you give me any advice?
Thank you very much for your all answers.
My best regards,

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Firstly I'd like to know how you registered here if you only have a Mac :slight_smile:

LEVELman
Visitor

lol :slight_smile: hackeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer :slight_smile: or he has his friend's acc info XD... or Sony is being controlled by Steve Jobs :tongue:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

LOL how did you manage to register without a VAIO?

I'm a Mac / PC user and I'd say there's a place for both, and I love my MacBook 13", it's superb for taking out with me and for wireless connectivity outside the house, plus I like Mac OS Tiger, easy to use.

Windows is easy to use too, and good if you like games, office applications and just generally need it for your studies.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I'm a Mac / PC user and I'd say there's a place for both, and I love my MacBook 13", it's superb for taking out with me and for wireless connectivity outside the house, plus I like Mac OS Tiger, easy to use.

I'm sorry Kee-Lo but this is an official Sony Vaio forum and unfortunately we are unable to discuss Apple products here.... :tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Vas
Visitor

LOL how did you manage to register without a VAIO?

Windows is easy to use too, and good if you like games, office applications and just generally need it for your studies.

Have you never wished that Sony Vaio also designed computers for OSX. Will there be a time ever?????
I have been dreaming this for a while. Maybe dream will never come true. :cry:

Kee-Lo: The reason we like Sony laptop is very simple. DESIGN :heart_eyes:

The reason we like Mac is their OSX Smart/Clever (I couldn't find smilies)

Lets take an example. Look at Apple's laptop, how many nice laptop can you find??
OK Mac Book Pro looks sleek and Pro, especially their finish. other "unique" feature magnetic cord, illuminated keyboard with ambient light sensor.

How many cool Sony Laptops with different features?
Z-Series, TR-Series, T-Series, A-Series, X-Series, BX-Series, TX-Series, SZ Series
(the new G-Series doesn't look that great, but it looks like it can handle a lot of accidental drops!)

And I don't think I need to compare or give examples for the operating system. :smileygrin:

zinom
Visitor

You are right. I've had a sony vaio for a few days; i used it, and I've registered it here. But I sent it back to the store, because it was with a lot of problems. Since then I don't think anymore in buying a vaio computer. Until now, that I'm thinking in buying one. Here is the reason.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Vas: I'd love to dual boot - when BootCamp and Leopard are finalised I hope one day the VAIO will have the power to do both.