Join now - be part of our community!

Create Recovery Media VPCY2

profile.country.en_GB.title
Dudham
Visitor

Create Recovery Media VPCY2

VPCY2.  I have had to install a new hard disk due to failure... no recovery disks as lost.  Win 7 HP (64) installed and, I think, all of the drivers with no problems apparent.  I wish to create some recovery disks but the only button I have in VaioCare 6.4 (Recovery & restore / Recovery) is Reinstall Applications and Drivers, with no button for Create Recovery Media.  Any ideas... Ta

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Dudham,

To create recovery disks the hidden HD recovery partition needs to be present. As you have fitted a new hard drive and presumably installed a retail copy of Windows this option is no longer available to you.

You can of course purchase a set of recovery media from Support and return the system to as delivered - this will reinstate the recovery partition.

Otherwise you could consider making an image of the drive with a utility such as Acronis True Image.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
Dudham
Visitor

Thanks for your time Rich.  You are right... I downloaded a Win7 HP iso , installed using my serial no., and installed all of the drivers. Everything is stable and the only problem I can find is that the Vaio button now just mutes the volume.  I didn't know aout the recovery partition but I guess you would only be able to that with the disks from Sony.  At the end of the day I will just do a Windows back-up and if I have problems in the future just have to re-do it the long way.  Thanks again for the info.  Cheers