Join now - be part of our community!

CRITICAL battery health even with a new battery installed.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
AFR0N1
Explorer

CRITICAL battery health even with a new battery installed.

I recently installed a new battery in my Sony Vaio Fit (SVF15A1C5E) because the old one had died.

After installing the new one, Vaio Care still states that the health is critical.

So the question is, Is my battery truely defective or is there a problem with Vaio Care?

I kinda doubt that the battery is at fault becase it will charge to 100% and it will hold its charge for plenty of hours.

Perhaps Vaio Care knows something is wrong that I cant see?

Or mabie it's just not realised its a new battery yet?

Any help will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
TH3ORY
Explorer

Mate sorry to be a bearer of bad news. it's a copy battery, its not original Sony one, it's a fake. As no way can you purchase a Sony original for 40 odd pounds. Genuine ones cost in the 100s also if you see the video it has the china quality control sticker top right of the battery. Sony does not put QC stickers on there batteries.. laptop-parts-shop. commy

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Is the replacement battery a genuine Sony product?

Vaio Care often can't identify fully a third party battery.

profile.country.GB.title
AFR0N1
Explorer

It is a genuine Sony battery.

I've compared it to the first battery from my laptop, and the replacement looks identical. All the same branding in the same location etc.

profile.country.GB.title
TH3ORY
Explorer

Where did you purchase it from ? ebay ?

profile.country.GB.title
AFR0N1
Explorer

I got it from a website called laptop part shop

This is the link to the battery: http://1012064.kancart.com/item_detail/47012#!detail

profile.country.GB.title
TH3ORY
Explorer

Mate sorry to be a bearer of bad news. it's a copy battery, its not original Sony one, it's a fake. As no way can you purchase a Sony original for 40 odd pounds. Genuine ones cost in the 100s also if you see the video it has the china quality control sticker top right of the battery. Sony does not put QC stickers on there batteries.. laptop-parts-shop. commy

profile.country.GB.title
AFR0N1
Explorer

It looked identical to the original battery that my laptop shipped with, but under closer inspection some of the text is in a slighty different size and font in some areas. but non of the batterys had the QC stickers on them.

Well that explains the problems im having. This battery must be fake then. Thanks for pointing it out.

Time to look for a legit battery!