Join now - be part of our community!

Customer Relations / Complaints Department Contact Details

profile.country.en_GB.title
YONS321
Visitor

Customer Relations / Complaints Department Contact Details

Does anyone know the email address of a Sony online complaints department/ customer relations department, I have just bought a top spec Sony Z series directly from Sony Online and I am experiencing a service which I would have never thought I would dream of expereincing having bought many Sony products for the last 15 years.

I have called 0845 6000 124 and emailed ssscustomer.service@eu.sony.com, personnel keep promising to return calls but never do, and my emails go unanswered.

I am asking on this forum as I have spend the last few hours trying to find a number or email that actually deals with customer issues.

I sincerely hope someone at Sony can hear my voice.

90 REPLIES 90
letdownbadly

I am now into my 3rd week of dispute with Sony regarding a camera I purchased that is clearly not fit for purpose. I even got conned into buying extended 3 year warranty ! But hey ho Sony dont give a stuff. All I have got from them is lies and morons on the end of a telephone reading from a script.

Let me answer some of the comments made by jumpsuit - I am not sure if jumpsuit works for Sony or is just carried along by the hype that is Sony. 

By using a call center in Egypt it just shows the contempt Sony holds for its cash cows.  Nothing will ever be sorted out untill I " storm the Bastille with the peasants - EVER " wake up jumpsuit on that one please. I firmly intend to have my day with Sony, they have took my money - like they have so many others here - and done absolutely nothing as they sincerely do not give a monkeys about you once they have your money.

Since the start of this sorry saga I have wasted 7 hours of my life - who is going to pay me for that ? over £10 in phone calls. Due to the failure of my expensive camera and Sony's non warranty ethic - I must buy more from car boot sale's lol - I have had to buy a new camera - not Sony obviously, to record my first grandchild's christening and my partners retirement birthday.

I am sick to death of crap from call centre muppets reading from a script, and as there is NO Sony shop to return my product to ( did you realise the Sony centre shops are NOT Sony but shops that have to pay Sony to stock products as a Sony Centre ? ) another clever Sony con. So whom are we supposed to take our rubbish products back to ?

All the responses from the useless "customer service" lines say that they will place my complaint to a higher level ! what tosh and blatant lies.

Anyone who is seriously interested in getting National coverage for the plight of ripped off Sony customers please please contact me as I have a local television who will carry the story initially before escalating it to National.

Why should we be treated in this manner by a company who seems to think that consumer protection acts do not apply to them ?

I have also had a joke of "support" from Sony. 

I have been without a Vita power charger since March which has made it useless and I only bought the Vita in December 2013. 

I have sent them letters to the consumer services and the head of Customer services who hasnt even bothered to reply or help. I have spoken to managers who said they will call back and weeks have gone by. 

I am now looking into small claims court as they have broken the sales of goods act.

If anyone else here would like to join me to put a case forward to solicitors let me know. 

Maybe then they will actually start supporting their customers instead of just selling proucts.

letdownbadly

I am still no nearer to getting any service from Sony no suprise there eh ?

However i am on a different tack at the moment which seems to be working and hopefully will get some results. I think it best not to disclose them on here due to Sony "spies and sympathisers" but will post it fully when it is either resolved or exhausted.

I would like to join a joint legal action against Sony also so please pm me on that one as there are a few ways of bypassing the Sony telephone morons and the moronic letter openers that i have since found.

mawebli
Explorer

I have had similar bad experiences with Sony and their useless / hostile customer service. I returned an ebook under warranty and was told that the error was due to a physical damage and that therefore they could charge me £180 to repair it (more than £60 more than a new one! or they would charge me a £28 'refusal fee'.

I had not broken the item, it failed under normal use.

I was put through to a Mr ********* who was unhelpful and disingenuous. He said all Sony items are tested by engineers and if a physical break, broken connection etc. occurs then that is the result of physical damage which is the customers fault. To me this means that an Ebay guarantee on a second hand goods is as good as Sony. 

Good luck in your battle with Sony but I think their aim is to cut customer service and repair costs not to retain customers or promote the brand.

My advice, don't buy from them again.

----

Edited by Drew - Name removed

danstar1
Explorer

Same here, no chance to contact customer services, no replies to emails.

Easy to buy products but when you have problem - nobody there to help you.

letdownbadly

More on my camera saga. I actually wrote to the CEO of Sony in Japan listing my history of crap from what Sony call customer service and the insulting behaviour of its staff. I sent it registered to be signed for etc and it arrived on 25/9/14 at 12.12pm and guess what ? Still NO REPLY .

Its is about time people woke up to the Sony Con and spread the word about the global con artists who trade under the name of Sony. And yes, Sony who obviously monitor this site hang you collective heads in shame - but them again you have no shame do you ? you will not even disclose your names in phone calls will you ? I think that speaks volumes about you all.

I will never give in untill I have my day in court against all of you who have lied to me, been ignorant to me, and basically treated me like dirt.

SONY THE CON ARTIST COMPANY buy your goods from any company except Sony. You are much better off using a car boot sale as the guarante is the same as the on Sony issue.

Japanese honour ? dont make me laugh.

[EDIT: Even though the word 'toad' is not a profanity, in the context of your writing, it is unacceptable]

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You sent a snail mail letter to Sony in Japan - it arrived on the 25/9/14 (as you said) - and you expect a reply, when?  The next day?  You point of call is Sony UK / EU. 

Ive only just seen this thread - Lets get one things straight.  @jumpsuit  is one of the community experts on this forum.  Jumpsuit and other experts are not affiliated to or employed by Sony.  We can try to help fellow forum members, by either suggesting potential solutions, pointing you in the right direction, assisting as much as we can or even a friendly chat. 

This forum is not a form of direct communications to Sony.  By all means post your frustrations (within the rules of this forum), but when you are rude to forum members, they are less likely to want to help you.

Now, in Jumpsuits first reply to your problem, he asked for you to explain your problems in a little more detail, and maybe someone can help you.  As far as I can see, you have not done so, except you have posted 3 more times, a diatribe of useless ranting and verbally attacking people.  I suggest that you turn it down a few notches.

If you can explain "calmly" what your exact problems are - provide enough details that can be passed on, then maybe we can help.  I fully empathise that you are having problems, but upto now, you have not got anywhere, so an alternative 'calm' way might just help?  Yes?

Cheers

letdownbadly

I have got absolutely no joy whatsoever from Sony UK. They are rude, arrogant and could not care less about customer service so what else am I supposed to do. I am sure the CEO of Sony has no idea what sort of people are the face of Sony in UK.

At the end of the day I have paid good money for a product that is far from fit for purpose and an extended warranty that is no better than a car boot sale guarantee. I still have the useless product that I paid for and have had no contact from Sony UK for months, in fact the first contact they made to me was 10 days after I first contacted them ! hardly good PR is it ? If I treated my customers in this way I would be destitute !

I am sure Sony monitor this board as do all other large concerns regarding relevant web pages.

As we on this board are not Sony how can we collectively do things to help other than to impart our experiences of the poor way we are treated by Sony ? I am yet to read a glowing report about Sony in a positive light.

Like you have mentioned my point of contact is Sony UK but they are quite frankly useless and could not care so where else do I go ? My "snail mail" letter to Sony HQ is a last resort to point out the disgusting way Sony UK ( and no doubt other Sony regions ) treat the cash cows of thier empire.

If I pay to have someone repair my Sony product this will invalidate my warranty and extended warranty something Sony are aware of. This is probably why they do nothing as they get products repaired for free and then no longer have responsibility for that product. Lets be honest if a company fails to produce a good product would you be happy with them repairing it for you ?

The Sony centre I purchased my product from I have nothing but praise for but feel sad for them that as they have to pay to be licencee of the Sony name they too are let down by the corporate giant who looks only to profit not to customer care.

letdownbadly

Today I recieved a letter from Sony. It was in reply to my letter to the CEO of Sony in Japan but was replied to from a Charlene in Weybridge on behalf of Sony Japan.

Charlene is supposed to be a Customer Relations Officer ! basically she spreads the corporate lie that is Sony.

The lie that Sony have a warranty is absolute rubbish. Sony expect you the unfortunate customer in your own time and at your own expense take your product to a post office to send it to the sub contract - yes SUBCONTRACT repair centre who may or may not repair your goods as and when they see fit. No time frame whatsoever is given as apparantly " we repair thousands of items every day !" if the repair centre is that busy no wonder we all have rubbish products as it seems they must be rubbish when they leave the factory !

As I now have a name, now will be the time to start court proceedings against the person who I have a name for on behalf of Sony.

All I wanted was my camera repaired or replaced under a warranty that I paid for and at the time and expense of Sony it seems that will never happen as not a single person who buys a Sony product has a warranty that is worth the paper it is written on.

Sony the rip off company - never again !

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@Anonymous thank you for explaining our impartiality  to this member :slight_smile:

Sadly though they still choose not to tell us what problems they are experiencing with their camera and even insult those who offer genuine help. At least we tried.

Certainly anger is understandable but its also quite ugly at times. :slight_frown:

I wish letdownbadly all the best for the future.