Join now - be part of our community!

Dead Pixel (PCG-K415B)

Emerald
Visitor

Dead Pixel (PCG-K415B)

My Sony Vaio laptop arrived yesterday and I have noticed that there is a dead pixel on the screen. Now it's only 1 at the moment and it doesn't really bother but is this a sign that more pixels are gonna die on screen? Should I send the thing back and get a replacement?

7 REPLIES 7
gfaelli
Visitor

Hi Emerald,
I had the same problem on my laptop but they will change it if you have more than 7 dead pixels according to Vaio... My screen had like 30 dead pixels...
And the most "funny" is: K415B (the same as mine)

Emerald
Visitor

Thanks gfaelli, well I hope the problem doesn't get any worse. You had 30 dead pixels on screen, that's terrible I hope they replaced yours pretty quick.

gfaelli
Visitor

Thanks gfaelli, well I hope the problem doesn't get any worse. You had 30 dead pixels on screen, that's terrible I hope they replaced yours pretty quick. 

I got the refund for the laptop and have bought a new one...
Hope you cant find anymore dead pixels...:smileywink:

HITS-UK
Visitor

Currently between 1 and 10 is a 'manufacturing acceptable rate of failure' for Sony but they seem to be more willing to exchange around the 5 mark. Samsung have zero tolerance and others have followed suit. Keep an eye and if it gets worse send it back, but it is unusual for this to happen.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

They obey the ISO standard anyway

Please can you use normal text I can't read your posts Emerald.

mvanwambeke
Visitor

check on the website www.vaio-link.com then go to hotnews and to the faulty pixel policy.
The website will adjust to your computer and give you the max tolerated pixs

Lindberg
Visitor

I've got two dead pixels, and like they say, up to seven (fewer if they are in specific area) can you have before they do someting.