Join now - be part of our community!

diference between FS115M and FS215M

yazan
Visitor

diference between FS115M and FS215M

Hello
What is the diference between these NoteBooks ? is there any hardware dirference ? (beside CPU Clock)

17 REPLIES 17
Stephanius
Visitor

The FS200 is the current generation of the FS series, and the successor of the FS100 series.

Usually the differences between the generations are minor hardware improvements, newer versions in the software and patches, and sometimes added features compared to the previous generation.

I didnt recheck the specifications, but as far as I know its just maintainance on the previous lineup, so if you found a minior difference already, odds are that is it.

hldomster
Visitor

Does the FS2 series not have slightly mroe powerful centrino processors

Stephanius
Visitor

yeah, but he already knew that, he said 'besides CPU clock' ;-]

mvanwambeke
Visitor

To make the models more attractive, Sony releases every 3 months new series. ( new series = new number)

This makes it also easier for Sony itself when it comes to warranty, because this computer HAD to be sold in those 3 months ( and some months after this).

Check out the difference between the FS115Z and 215Z, there is no difference between the hardware. Only the 115 has no docking station and the 215 does have one.

Small things make a world of difference

yazan
Visitor

thanks 😆
:slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I really detest the way Sony do that though.

TheTurk
Visitor

i agree with u kee-lo, but as long as there's no stop in the technology advancements, we gotta deal with this, even if we feel the model we got is becoming old, its still a vaio, right? :smileygrin:

mvanwambeke
Visitor

I really detest the way Sony do that though.

That is called "marketing".
If you analyse this, you would say this is a very strong tool that every multinational uses.

I don't see what is wrong with that.
It also provides the CU an easy way to compare computers.

They will never have the same computer with different specifications...

Stephanius
Visitor

I would say that is keeping pace with the market. Its not limited to Sony or limited to the computer industry. In the computer industry its just faster than for example in the automobile industry.

Keep up or perish, thats how it goes.

I wondered how Audi can wait until I purchase a car before they release their follow-up model, until I realized that against all my conviction to the contrary I am not the center of the universe and just bought the soon to be old model reasonably close before they updated, changed or facelifted it because I wasnt paying attention to what is in the pipeline.

The mere existence of a follow-up model does not make the old model any less useful, it will still work, and just in case you are wondering, it will still sell well on ebay.