Join now - be part of our community!

Disassembly manual for VGN-CS31S

profile.country.da_DK.title
NicklasPS
Visitor

Disassembly manual for VGN-CS31S

Hi,

Does anyone here have access to a disassembly manual, repair guide, or the like for a VAIO VGN-CS31S? It is also known as PCG-3G2M, and was sold in Denmark.

I need to take a thorough look at the microphone and headphone jack connections in the MB, and want to make sure I don't break anything by trial and error when taking the notebook apart.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
peshyxp
Visitor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LelEfSg_JiU

Check out the youtube link above for a video of someone dismantling a CS series

Should cover all the bits you need

Cheers

alpujarra
New

Hi, my vaio wnt start, power supply trouble; do you know what would happen if I tried running a 16V, 1.5 amp charge into the USB port?
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

@alpujarra wrote:
 do you know what would happen if I tried running a 16V, 1.5 amp charge into the USB port?

Hi alpujarra,

You will make a bad situation worse. At best you will damage the port and at worst you will damage the motherboard.

USB ports on notebooks are designed to provide power out not to receive power in. Power in should come via the power board.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
alpujarra
New

so. how can I bring it alive again?
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

If this is a power supply problem then I suggest you investigate having the power board repaired/replaced. Take the notebook to  reputable repairer that will analyse the problem and provide a quotation for the work.

Rich.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat