Join now - be part of our community!

do NOT buy a sony vaio

kingmilly
Explorer

do NOT buy a sony vaio

Ive just had the most HORRENDOUS and APPALING experience with sony customer services.

I bought my sony vaio T13 about 18 months ago, and all was great until this summer. then i noticed the fan started becoming excessively loud, to the point where i could not use it in a library or on lectures anymore. this was odd as ive always taken grat care of my laptop, cleaning the fan regularly and only using the laptop on hard surfaces.

Anyway, i contacted Sony in early september, to ask them what to do. They suggested i reboot the entire system, and when that didnt solve the issue, i had to send it in for repairs. 

The first time they collected it, it was gone for 8 days. When the sony repair centre rang, they said they had cleaned the fan and the issue was solved. I was surprised by this as i had just cleaned the fan a week prior, and told them there is no way this would have solved the issue. Needless to say, they completely ignored me, sent my laptop back like that. At this point, my university work was massively suffering as deadlines were mounting and i didnt have a laptop for around two weeks (8 business days).

So you can imagine my frustration when they sent the laptop back and as soon as i switched it on - excessive fan noise. Ie they had done NOTHING about it. 

When i called them again, what did they suggest? sending it back to the repair centre AGAIN. this time it would be a 'VIP repair package' and the man on the phone promised it would take a maximum of four working days because i explained how much my work was suffering. I felt like i had no choice but to return it to the repair centre, at least this time it would be fixed once and for all.

it was returned after TEN WORKING DAYS, and sony blamed that on ordering faulty parts. guess what? it came back AGAIN with a ridiculously loud fan noise. what did the person now suggest on the phone? my only option he says is to send it back to the repair centre again.

ive already been without my laptop for a month now, work has massively suffered, and im still at square one. i asked for them to escalate the complaint and speak to the supervisor, which the employee told me he will call in the next 24 hours. did they? hell no. Because this seems to be the way sony customer service operates, having read many of the threads on this site.

Im incredibly angry and frustrated by the service i have received from sony, and i dont normally ever do this but for anyone reading this who is thinking of buying a sony VAIO, please take my advice and DONT. it really isnt worth it, especially when you have paid top dollar for the product so to speak.

1 REPLY 1

I know exactly how you feel I am currently going though a simular problem with Sony. Only I believe It was hard drive failure, after being sent for repair I was told It would take too long to wait for parts, I then agreed to a buyback value and after a month or so I'm still waiting to receive payment from them. My warrently runs out in January and I'm afraid that once my warrently is up my case will then be ignored. Any update on your case?