Join now - be part of our community!

Does Sony generally reply to e-support tickets?

markh_
Visitor

Does Sony generally reply to e-support tickets?

I opened an e-support ticket on the 9th Febuary, and 6 days later I have got no reply. Let's just say I'm not impressed with Sony's support and probably won't be buying from them again. Anybody got satisfaction from their e-support?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi,

Response times can vary and I am not aware of a service standard - they don't work Saturday and Sunday, so your request has been four and a half working days. I must admit, I always bite the bullet and pick up the phone - it is the only way to ensure a speedy answer.

Was your problem with the Video output on a XL-Series? I do recall seeing your post but could not add anything constructive as I have not seen this before.

It seems to me that there is a poor connection somewhere if the problem is intermittent and removing, cleaning and replacing the nVidia card may help. Also check the pins in the Video Cable in case one pin is bent. Try another cable if you can borrow one. The alternative is to replace the graphics card - but this would not solve a poor connection in the PCI slot or to the Motherboard.

I would speak to Sony if your XL is just out of warranty - you never know your luck but if you have to pay for an investigation it will be too expensive. Otherwise, if it were me and I couldn't fix it myself by checking the connections, I would take it to a local repairer who may be able to isolate the problem or replace the card if it is faulty.

:wink:

markh_
Visitor

Was your problem with the Video output on a XL-Series? 

Yeah, that was me.

E-support have just got back to me today - maybe they read this forum. Though their suggestion requires you to be able to see stuff on the monitor.

Thanks for your suggestions - I'll try them out.