Join now - be part of our community!

Download Windows Vista

diament35
Visitor

Download Windows Vista

Can someone help me please?
I have sony FE31Z and how they told me at the shop I can have free windows Vista because i got my after november 2006. How to download it . Is it really free. will it work with other programs I have on my PC, and do I need Norton internet security / I checked that new Vista has firewall / . I am very bad with all technical things and at the moment i have so many problems with norton / only another 20 days of free trial/ and lots of webs i cant open , the worst is my bank account -that after some time waiting to open i have log again and again. I change firewall to allow for everyting , but still is the same. Also I can't play on line poker on DTD/Dusk Till Dawn/ webside bacause it disconect me on every hand whenever they send me hand history/automatic/. Maybe I changer something in my settings beacuse it was working but when I loaded another month of free trial norton it stoped. Whole DTD staf tried to help me / I am noty bad poker player/ but when I lost some money - beacuse i can not bet or anything - I just stoped.
I know i am hopeless but not only genueses use PC.
Please help me

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi,

Can't believe they never told you how to get it LOL, typical!

Anyway you have to order it, it's £20 delivery - but otherwise yes the Vista upgrade is free.

You will need to visit the Vista Upgrade Site and order it there. They ask for proof of purchase, but once that's been faxed it's a case of waiting a few weeks - ModusLink are in charge of the process

Norton's 360 should work with Vista, you'd have to ask our resident Norton lover Andy.

I'm not sure why you can't play poker online, are you using a wireless connection?

diament35
Visitor

Thanks for info, unfortunatly that link is not working any more - 15 March it was the lates time when I could upgrade Windows vista.
About playing poker on line - it means not playing , because i am all the time disconected - I am using wi fi , and all works OK on old IBM pc/ that i almost gave away/, but it is not working on my one.
Am i so unlucky with things? I dont know much about PC's - OK, but there are many people that they know much less and somehow they have no problems.
Thank for your help.

sorry for my writing - I am not english.

apierc1
Visitor

They ask for proof of purchase, but once that's been faxed it's a case of waiting a few weeks - ModusLink are in charge of the process

Norton's 360 should work with Vista, you'd have to ask our resident Norton lover Andy.

I'm just wondering about this, I didn't buy my computer in the qualifying period but I did "receive" it on I think it was Novemebr the 17th 2006 from Sony, brand new because of service problems with my old Vaio and so have taken this as my date of purchase.
I just tried to order the "free" copy of Vista, firstly it said there was an error, try again later or something after I had entered my payment details, and secondy, if I have to fax them a proof of purchase, well I wont be able to, do you think I will qualify for the upgrade?

Thanks

Andy

Oh yeah, and P.s. Yes Norton 360 is Vista certified so there should be no problems there, I will write the review, but prob not till the weekend :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Thanks for info, unfortunatly that link is not working any more - 15 March it was the lates time when I could upgrade Windows vista.  
About playing poker on line - it means not playing , because i am all the time disconected - I am using wi fi , and all works OK on old IBM pc/ that i almost gave away/, but it is not working on my one.
Am i so unlucky with things? I dont know much about PC's - OK, but there are many people that they know much less and somehow they have no problems.
Thank for your help.

sorry for my writing - I am not english.

Damn that's terrible. You've dodged a bullet in my opinion though.

Can you change your channel to channel 7? You'll have to tell me what router you have, as they're all very different.