Join now - be part of our community!

Dreamscene issues

obokeeper
Visitor

Dreamscene issues

Hi,

Has anyone else had problems when trying to run Vista Dreamscenes. If I open the Dreamscenes option my machine just hangs!!! I did manage to pick one of the Dremascenes but then all I got was a black background and no video!!

I am getting really frustrated at the moment :thinking: . I have just taken delivery of this new machine (AR51SU), but I have had loads of problems doing the Vaio Updates (some wouldn't, and still won't install, some said they were for the wrong version of Windows but then seemed to work). I still haven't installed any programs yet!!

Any help/advice would be really appreciated.

Obokeeper

2 REPLIES 2
Mr_Vaio_UK
Visitor

Hi,

Has anyone else had problems when trying to run Vista Dreamscenes. If I open the Dreamscenes option my machine just hangs!!! I did manage to pick one of the Dremascenes but then all I got was a black background and no video!!

I am getting really frustrated at the moment :thinking: . I have just taken delivery of this new machine (AR51SU), but I have had loads of problems doing the Vaio Updates (some wouldn't, and still won't install, some said they were for the wrong version of Windows but then seemed to work). I still haven't installed any programs yet!!

Any help/advice would be really appreciated.

Obokeeper

Hi Obokeeper

I too am having similar problems, not so much with Dreamscenes, (although I have known it to play up a number of times) but rather with Viao updates - in particaular NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT Graphics Driver 7.15.11.5665 for AR51SU. When I try to update it says computer is not running VISTA 32 Bit OS .... But IT IS! When I interrogate the system more I find the version of the driver already installed is 7.15.11.6743.

Is this the kind of issue you are having? Can anyone advise which driver I should be running?

Again, I too echo Obokeeper - any help/advice would be really appreciated.

Mr_Viao_UK

alekoo8
Explorer

Hi guys,

A couple of days ago i had to restore my AR71ZU again (for the 9th time). It's only 3 weeks old! I'm having a nightmare with drivers and updates. I'm beginning to think i should have just brought it back as it was DOA - Vista wouldn't install.

Anywho, last week i'd accidentally hit the tick all checkbox in Vista Updates and it had installed everything, including all the foreign language packs and Vista Dreamscene. I'm a bit slack with restarting it as i nearly always hibernate. I was curious oneday when i'd right clicked on the dekstop and saw the Dreamscene option greyed out. I did a bit of digging around and all of the desktop backgrounds were unrecognised. I'd selected a Dreamscene mpeg (none of the files were recognised) and my machine had locked up. I had to go into Task Manager and ended explorer.exe and started it again. Then my desktop came back.

Apparently it's a GPU driver issue. Short of using RivaTuner to hack and update the drivers it's up to Sony to decide when they want to make the update available. The guy at Sony Support said they're working on it. I'm fedup with my AR71ZU!!!

Somebody at Sony should be reading these threads!

Short_Round