Join now - be part of our community!

Driver Request: Touchpad Driver for VGN-SZ71WN

Mr.C
Visitor

Driver Request: Touchpad Driver for VGN-SZ71WN

I've been having what I've now learnt is a common problem with this model of laptop, whereby the mouse pointer responds opposite to what you do on the Touchpad. You move left, the cursor travels right, up is down etc etc....

The only solution to this I have found online is to part dismantle the machine and insulate the touchpad to avoid any static build up, which I'm told is the cause due to the part aluminium chasis. I'm not 100% sure if I'll go to this extent to fix the problem, but if I don't do something soon I'll try "fixing" it with a lump hammer :wink:

Anyway, whilst trying different solutions of my own I removed the Touchpad driver to try a different one, but have since learnt that the drivers are not hosted on the Sony Support website.

With that in mind could someone please send me the touchpad driver (VGN-SZ71WN) or show me where I can get it online?

Thanks for your help
Jon

PS This is the third Sony laptop I've had, and ALL of them have had issues - Sort it out Sony!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jon,

you can download the Pointing Device Driver 7.0F, listed under the Originally Installed tab for your model, on the vaio support site.?

To open Vaio support, either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 2: Select your VAIO model, next to Select Model Category - Select your model from the drop down list, in your case VGN SZ.

Then next to Select Model - select VGN-SZ71WN

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Downloads follow by the Originally Installed tab..

I'm not sure if anything will help in this similar thread: Strange behavior of the trackpad

Mr.C
Visitor

Thank you Thalamus, that was perfect!

Nice to see that you're still active on the Forum, it's been a while since I was around this neck of the woods.

Take care and thanks again for your help!
Jon

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome Jon.. :slight_smile: