Join now - be part of our community!

Dual Channel Wi Fi

SOLVED
liwagne45
Explorer

Dual Channel Wi Fi

I have a Sony Vaio PCG 81112M laptop with Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN which is capable of 2.4 GHZ and 5 Ghz channels. I have recently had the new BT Home Hub4 which emits on both channels, yet my laptop cannot 'see' the 5GHz channel it can only see the 2.4Ghz channel is there a settring I should alter somewhere or might I have a faulty BT Home Hub 4 as inSIDDer only shows a blank window for the 5GHz channel as well. Any advice on how best to use this dual channel facility of huib and laptop would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi liwagne45 and welcome to the Sony User Community.

Can you please confirm the correct Vaio Product Model - you appear to be quoting an incorrect model, probably the Chassis Model from the bottom of the Vaio.  The correct Product Model, which is used for all support from Sony, will be on the screen surround.  It will be something like VPCF13Z1E.

Check in Vaio Smart Network to see if both the 5GHz and 2.4GHz  options exist.  If they are not there, it probably means that dual channel is not supported.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi liwagne45 and welcome to the Sony User Community.

Can you please confirm the correct Vaio Product Model - you appear to be quoting an incorrect model, probably the Chassis Model from the bottom of the Vaio.  The correct Product Model, which is used for all support from Sony, will be on the screen surround.  It will be something like VPCF13Z1E.

Check in Vaio Smart Network to see if both the 5GHz and 2.4GHz  options exist.  If they are not there, it probably means that dual channel is not supported.

:thinking:

liwagne45
Explorer

Your presumption was correct and what you are asking me for is VPCF11S1E.

I looked where you said and there is the choice of 2.4Ghz, 5 Ghz or 2.4 and 5 Ghz so thanks very much for that I have switched to the dual channel!