Join now - be part of our community!

DVB-T_____________TNT____________RC-102

PARTYTIGER
Visitor

DVB-T_____________TNT____________RC-102

I would simply like to know how to upgrade my vaio rc-102 with a dvb-t (tnt in france) card and which can be controlled in the software vaio zone.

Please don't answer me buy an rc-202!!!

THXXX

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi PartyTiger and welcome to the Forum.

As far as I know, Vaio Zone only operates with the dedicated Sony (Analogue) TV Card. Sony do not have a DVB version yet. I may be wrong, but I don't think the RC202 supports DVB through Vaio Zone but as it is loaded with XP Media Centre, it can probably support DVB with this.

I use an external WinTV Nova-T-USB2 which comes with its own software (so I can use it on my Vaio laptop as well) - I don't really miss Vaio Zone.

There are 2 free PCI slots in your RC102, so you could use the PCI version.

Look HERE

It looks like Sony have done a U-Turn by going over to XP MCE - is this the beginning of the end for Vaio Zone?

:thinking:

PARTYTIGER
Visitor

Anyone knows the name of the card that's in vaio RC-202 !!!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It's exactly the same as the one you have in your RC102.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sorry Partytiger - I have just found the full specification for the RC202 and it DOES have a DVB-T PCI Card.

Unfortunately, it does not give the name or type of card in the specs I've seen - just calls it 'TV Tuner Card'.

The RC202 does not have Vaio Zone installed but uses Microsoft XP Media Centre. XPMCE presumably allows DVB-T to be integrated into the main screen.

Apologies!

:angry:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Shame the RA104 didn't get a DVB tuner