Join now - be part of our community!

DVD Burning problem

shanepower
Visitor

DVD Burning problem

I'm getting to about 45% when burning a DVD and it comes up with an error "write disk failed please insert disk (***-**--**) Any ideas? :cry:

11 REPLIES 11
shanepower
Visitor

I've tried a couple more times but it still doesn't work. The % burnt varies and the error that comes up is

Writing to the disk failed. Replace the disc.(Code:011-02-3010)

(1F 2A 03 0C 00)

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi Shane, good to see you back man!

Have you changed the media you buy?
What program do you use to make the DVDs?

shanepower
Visitor

I've tried Sony, Verbatim and a couple of other brands and its happening with all of them. I've also tried with Drag'nDrop and Nero and I'm getting the same problem. Is my burner burnt out?

kee-lo_

Sounds like it :cry:

Radijs
Visitor

I've tried Sony, Verbatim and a couple of other brands and its happening with all of them. I've also tried with Drag'nDrop and Nero and I'm getting the same problem. Is my burner burnt out?

I suppose its technically possible but a DVD burner has many many many hours of continued functionality before it begins to fail. If you had to take a wild guess how many hours have you actually been burning?

kee-lo_

Yeah a lot of these components have estimated lives of thousands of hours.

condrix
Visitor

Hm, I have something almost similar... Using Nero and it looks the write is finishing correctly but when I check the disk it is empty. I was able to write one DVD and one or two CDs since I have this laptop. No problem at all reading CD/DVD or watching DVD movies. I changed firmware a year ago or so and just downloaded the last two which is available on this site for PCG-FR215H. (Couldn't find info about I have to install both of them or just the latest?)

shanepower
Visitor

Ive burnt a couple of disks successfully, I ran 3 diffrent reg cleaners and 2 RAM optimisers and this may have helped. i think something may have been causing my VAIO to work too hard at once. Something in the background plus something causing something to not respond,I think.:smileyconfused:

kee-lo_

Shane

You're best disconnecting from the web while burning, turning off firewalls and AV then switching them back on once it's done.