Join now - be part of our community!

DVD burns, CD not

Wizzard
Visitor

DVD burns, CD not

Hi, I have the next problem. I burned 3 DVDs since I have my Vaio A417M. All of them are working great.

Today, I wanted to burn some CDs, data and also a CD image. A compilation of data files ended at about 70% and a Super Video-CD also ends while burning. "endtrack failed". I don't know what this means.

I tested the data files with half of the amount of megabytes and it works. With 540 MB it occured an error, with 260 MB it burned well. I don't understand it.

I use Nero Premium 7 to burn CDs and DVDs. Are there any solutions?

Hallo, ich habe das nächste Problem. Ich habe bisher 3 DVDs gebrannt, seit ich mein Vaio habe und alle funktionieren einwandfrei.

Heute wollte ich ein paar CDs brennen, normale Daten-Cds, sowie ein Image und eine SVCD. Bei der Daten-CD brach das Brennen nach ca. 70% ab und bei der SVCD ebenfalls. Wo genau weiß ich nicht mehr. Bei der Fehlermeldung stand etwas von "Endtrack fehlgeschlagen". Ich habe keine Ahnung, was das bedeuten soll. Ich habe die Daten-CD dann anstatt mit 540 MB mit nur ca. 260 MB getestet und es funktionierte.

Ich benutze Nero Premium 7. Hat jemand Erfahrungen damit gemacht? Lösungen?

Danke schonmal

8 REPLIES 8
jimmex
Visitor

Hi Wizzard - my recently purchased A417M started out with exactly your problem before the optical drive finally refused to recognize CDRs, even though like yours, it still works fine on DVDs.
Sad to say this is a common and well documented problem with this unit.

Take a look at this thread for my summary and the comments from other members on this matter http://www.club-vaio.com/clubvaio/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=27699

Jim

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Hi Wizzard.

Jim is right, there has been lots of Vaio owners asking the same question - himself included!

Contact Sony and open a case. (Contact info here)

I would think a product recall would be in order but Sony seem to be very slow in admitting that there is anything wrong. In fact they haven't admitted it at all so the best thing Vaio users, with the same problem, should do is to keep complaining. You never know.

Wizzard
Visitor

Thx for the link to the another thread. I made a post.

It's very disappointing.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Damn, not another victim, when will Sony fix this for everyone?

Wizzard
Visitor

I hope soon, very soon. I don't want to send my VAIO to Sony, I need it every day urgently.

I'll buy an external device. I want my cash back from Sony 😉

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You'll be lucky, they wouldn't compensate people for the memory fiasco with the GRX series

jimmex
Visitor

Stuff Sony !! I've just placed an order for the NEC unit ....
What a really disappointing experience after what I thoughtat first was a great purchase - its little wonder Sony have just announced job cuts in view of falling sales!!

Grrrrrr!
Jim

Wizzard
Visitor

Sony have  just announced job cuts in view of falling sales!!

I know why :grin: