Join now - be part of our community!

dvd/cd writer fault

Mackem
Visitor

dvd/cd writer fault

can any one help me please!! I had to do a full restore on my laptop and now my dvd/cd writer will not recognise blank dvd's. it will play a dvd or cd and write to a cd but when i put a blank dvd in it hangs my computer for an age then sees it as a cd, on trying to write it indicates a power fault. i have tried different types and makes of disc but still get the same problem.

Thanks
Mackem

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

What is your Vaio model Mackem? There maybe a firmware update, for your optical drive, on Vaio-Link that addresses this problem.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Mackem
Visitor

It's a PCG-k315B, it's doing my head in at the moment as ive got all my work files i need to save to disc so any help or suggestions are appreciated.

thanks

:smileygrin:

Lizzie
Visitor

I had to do a full restore on my laptop

just out of curosity what made you do a full restore. i thought i had to do one tonight but persistence and safe mode boots and fixes finally paid off.

what program are you using to burn you dvd/cd? good luck.

Mackem
Visitor

Hi Lizzie, done the restore as i had a couple of viruses and my system was realy misbehavin. i use nero and dvd shrink to burn dvd's they are easy to use as im no expert on this thing and need the simplest tools i can get.

see ya:smileyblush: