Join now - be part of our community!

Dvd drive won't burn

AshEmerald
Visitor

Dvd drive won't burn

hi everyone,
My dvd/RW drive will read cd-roms and dvd's but when it comes to burning the starts and stop and doesn't pick up cd-rw. Help please i need some space on my laptop.

Any help is greatly appreciated:smileyhappy:

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi AshEmerald and welcome to the forum.

Which model notebook do you have and more importantly which optical drive is fitted? If you right click the dive (in My Computer) and select properties > Hardware, you will find the model number of the drive.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
AshEmerald
Visitor

Hey,

its a matshita UJ-840D i have a VGN-FS315M. Please any help you can give me would be great.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I am afraid to say that, from what I have read, the Matshita UJ-840D is a bit of a problematic drive. There is a firmware update on Vaio-Link that claims to address issues regarding reading certain DVD discs so this may not be of help to you.

You could try different burning software such as RecordNow also experiment with different brands of CD media.

You say that it doesn’t pick up CD-RW, do you mean that it will not recognise the disk or that it is unable to write to the disk? Are you able to write to any media?

Vaio-Link
RecordNow

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
AshEmerald
Visitor

Hi,

Ahh, well i tried uninstalling the driver for the drive and well it now can pick up blank cd's and the RW's however i am still unable to write a complete dick, it will write a certain %age and then it stps and gives an error.

*sighs.
HELP!!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Welcome to the broken dvd club!

sent mine for repair 3 times,thought that this time it was fixed cause they finally replaced it....but burnt properly for a couple of days and now it does exactly the same as yours burn some percent and then it says error

tryed with nero,sonic and windows...no hope.
gonna work with it for a few days and then probably goona sent it for repair again.
its the 4th time...may be they will send me a new one:smileywink:

Zina, Sorry to hear you Vaio has developed another problem, that's unbelievable :slight_frown:

zina
Visitor

Welcome to the broken dvd club!

sent mine for repair 3 times,thought that this time it was fixed cause they finally replaced it....but burnt properly for a couple of days and now it does exactly the same as yours burn some percent and then it says error

tryed with nero,sonic and windows...no hope.
gonna work with it for a few days and then probably goona sent it for repair again.
its the 4th time...may be they will send me a new one:smileywink:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

its the 4th time...may be they will send me a new one

I sincerely hope so Zina, this is absolutely ridiculous!!!

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
zina
Visitor

yeah i know ,really disapointed with vaio laptos,gonna sent it back but not right now cause got heaps of work to do with it.

oh yeah....it refused to open today!:smileyangry:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Usually on the forth return they send a new VAIO